I'm out.

Options

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I can understand the frustration. I went three 5* vaults in a row without drawing the new character only then to obtain from an LT but too late for their Essential. Thankfully the streak broke with Loki but all that CP spent that took weeks to obtain.
  • Projectus2501
    Projectus2501 Posts: 218 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I got 2 5*s out of two pulls. The odds are what they are... 
  • thedarkphoenix
    thedarkphoenix Posts: 557 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I often wonder about the special 5 vaults, they are always really bad for me. Its to the point I didn't even worry about it this time. 
  • mexus
    mexus Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Hi all, here I am as a reminder of that I am still watching you. :)
    This is also why I quit back in February. Depressed over not being able to cover my 5* heroes despite playing way too much and paying way too much - just took out its right. Soon half a year MPQ sober.
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    mexus said:
    This is also why I quit back in February. Depressed over not being able to cover my 5* heroes despite playing way too much and paying way too much - just took out its right. Soon half a year MPQ sober.
    Lurking at the MPQ forum is kind of like staying sober but an occasional beer won't hurt me approach ;)
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It was the straw that broke the camels back.  I wish you well Jarvind and I warn you not to come back.  Stay away and enjoy life a little more.  BTW, where is your guide to the 4* tier.  I would like to see the latest rankings and playing tips.
  • dramatist
    dramatist Posts: 220 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I personally feel that if you aren't having fun with a leisure activity you should walk away and find something that you will enjoy.  

It seems to me that your 4* guide was a labor of love, thanks for that, I really enjoyed reading it/using it.

Hope you find something new and fun out there.
  • The Viceroy Returns
    The Viceroy Returns Posts: 491 Mover and Shaker
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Sorry to see you go, you've done a lot on here.  Wish you the best.

How this game doesn't have a "safety net" for really **** runs of consecutive no 5-Star pulls hat guarantees a 5-
    Star is beyond me.   Many other gatcha games out there do this.

It's simple = After 9 Legendary tier tokens (Classic, Latest, 5-Star release, etc) opened in a row that is not a 5-Star, the 10th one is guaranteed to be a 5-Star.  If a 5-Star is pulled in any token between 1 - 9, the number resets to 1.

This single issue alone has cost this game countless players...
  • nigelregal
    nigelregal Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
    Options
    The problem with bad runs is that it is the worst with these special vaults. 

Regular latest legends are pre determined so if you get a large patch without 5* eventually you will get more 5* to balance out. 

With a special vault you just pull whatever CP you have and if you get unlucky you are just screwed and have no way to save up more CP to try again later. It's a much bigger gamble than waiting for the new character to join Latest Legends. 

I track my pulls and have had some 50+ only 4* pulls but i've had like 7 or 8 5* in a row. In the end it balances out but you need larger and larger hoards to ensure you get covered well. 
  • CharlieCroker
    CharlieCroker Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    The problem with bad runs is that it is the worst with these special vaults. 

Regular latest legends are pre determined so if you get a large patch without 5* eventually you will get more 5* to balance out. 

With a special vault you just pull whatever CP you have and if you get unlucky you are just screwed and have no way to save up more CP to try again later. It's a much bigger gamble than waiting for the new character to join Latest Legends. 

I track my pulls and have had some 50+ only 4* pulls but i've had like 7 or 8 5* in a row. In the end it balances out but you need larger and larger hoards to ensure you get covered well. 
    My understanding was that the sequence/coding or whatever you want to call it resets each time a new 5* enters Latest.  So just because you ran at 9% over 4-500 pulls during one period, it doesn't mean the difference will be made up for a later trio.

Hopefully I'm wrong on that because if so I'm still owed a ton of 5* pulls from Latest packs (and for the record I'm yet to hit 15% on any set of Latest since my bad run, although I have managed 2/3 on both the Wasp and Loki release tokens).

To the OP, hope you enjoy the free time opened up by the MPQ void.  It's only when you stop playing you realise quite how much time you really spent on the game and wonder how you ever managed to fit it into your schedule!
  • rc35
    rc35 Posts: 62 Match Maker
    Options
    I'm adding my voice to the chorus thanking Jarvind for his input, particularly for his 4* Guide which has the all-too-rare properties of being packed with knowledge, humour & readability - if only more things in this world were like it!  Many thanks and best wishes Jarvind.
  • mexus
    mexus Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Magic said:
    mexus said:
    Lurking at the MPQ forum is kind of like staying sober but an occasional beer won't hurt me approach ;)
    Haha! 
    I stalk in here weekly since MPQ was such a big part of my everyday life for a long while. It's also a fun community to spectate. My "new game" doesn't have quite the same community feeling yet.
  • Subcore
    Subcore Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    edited August 2018
    Options
    I feel the pain. I left back when OML was the one to have. Took me a couple of years to get him and JG to 420 and then ended up quitting about 3 years ago since the game lost its luster to me.
    I'm now back again, casually playing but it's now a bit more fun (believe it or not). Though I cannot play any PVP due to the smack down I'd get from my lack of roster, PVE is my only option. I play an hour or so a day and it keeps me entertained, yet I don't feel that need to compete in every single event. 
    Since I'm aware that the way the matching is currently at, I cannot compete in PVP, I take whatever PVE gives me. A few members gave me some tips since I missed a lot the last 3 years and thanks to them, I kind of enjoy the game now.
    Maybe those that burn out and quit can one day get to that point of returning just to randomly play instead of feeling that they need all the covers.
    Best of luck and hope to see you again.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Biggest possible burn out factor for me, besides the five star tier transition being unduly hard, is simply the lack of new content.

Vets can only play the same pves, LRs, BEs, and PvPs so long before they get to a point where the game is more habit than fun. 4 star PvP is good, but it's just a small consession when compared to the mountain of same ole same ole week-in and week-out.

And with the removal of so many pves over the past two years, the overly recycled content quickly becomes apparent to even new players.
This discussion has been closed.