How is Scrapper 142 treating you?

Options
2»

Comments

• Asmodaeus
    Asmodaeus Posts: 100 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Not too difficult of a PvP run for me so far
    but I do want to echo that it's frustrating to have her passives become almost pointless when boosted (especially her yellow). My Valk is champed at lvl 278 and her yellow is almost never triggered. Seems flawed to have the loaner Valk be a better option to use over my champed one so that she can fire it off more than once or twice a match. Also, I wish her black had a better way of letting you know who it's targeted instead of having to pull up the text from the cd tile. Maybe have the cd display the tile icon of the enemy its targeting so it can be recognized at a glance? Would even work for goon nodes where there's a mix of different ones, leaving us to only need to pull up the text when there's more than one of the same type (i.e.:muscle front vs muscle middle or back).
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I joined late, so I just did a quick run up to 575. Champed Valkyrie and Gamora made it pretty easy, and Grocket bumped my damage up enough that I could still score bounties often enough.
  • Kishida
    Kishida Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I haven't had a problem with winning matches this event, but I've suffered from lousy server lag. Twice I've shielded out and ten minutes later been hit with notifications for losses of 75 and 66 points. Is this the game's way of trying to get players to switch to win-based as a preference? Why spend on shields if they're not actually shielding you?
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Moon Roach has hated it, because he's in the 5* tier (with not great 5*) and still hasn't got over Gambit.

Wolveroach is loving it, even with a level 209 4/5/4 build.  4* Gamora and Witch are just carving up the stunned opposition.
  • CharlieCroker
    CharlieCroker Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I loved it.  Primarily ran DD/Thor so the bounty wasn't great for me (DD yellow strongest) but gave me a 20k + finishing move.  But Valkyrie yellow kept DD supplied with strikes tiles, and her red after DD stun was amazing.  

One match (with a LOT of strikes in the board) I stunned a full health enemy Thor, fired red and it killed him and also a near full health Okoye - around 120k in total.  Not as good as with Okoye (mine's stuck at 3/7/1) but still amazing levels of damage.
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I love how people say it's no problem but then you realize they have 2 of the most powerful champed 5* with her. 

• Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Wonko33 said:
    I love how people say it's no problem but then you realize they have 2 of the most powerful champed 5* with her. 

Thats sorta the secret to making Valky perform well.  As long as Valky is the weakest char on the team.  You can setup strong nukers to feed off Valky Black, and she's always generating strikes because she'll tank the smallest amounts of colors.  A 290 valky with good team mates can easily beat 3 5* champs in sim.

The stun focused teams have been incredibly solid on defense.  This event gets much harder if you biggest char in your team is Valky.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,546 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Every event gets harder if you don't have the strongest characters. 

Her other powers are fine. There are many characters in the game who are mainly 1-power characters. If you need to make use of weaker powers, you need to bring characters that support said powers. It's that way with everyone. 

And the fact that the enemy is occupying all yellow tiles first is only because you aren't targeting her first AND because this specifically is a mirror match scenario. Against any other opponent, this wouldn't be a problem. 

This is one of the most bizarre criticisms of a character I've seen yet. 
  • Vins2
    Vins2 Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I have had Gamora hearted since at least 2018 so she's my highest 4 at level 354.  I found it interesting that I was attacked way more when my team was 454 Gamora/465 DD instead of 450 Thor/465 DD
  • Sim Mayor
    Sim Mayor Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Shintok17 said:
    Easy with Champed Boosted 4* Gamora, Champed 4* Grocket, and 13 cover not leveled 4* Valkyre. Eventhough Grocket is not boosted those attack tiles hit hard with Gamora's Boosted match damage and powers. Getting extra attack tiles from Valkyre helps too.
    OhmahgoodnessYES. I've been playing ValGramora (TM) through this whole thing, made 900 in 20 fights and only 2 health packs by just smacking whoever has a bounty on them once or twice until I get enough red to fire a boosted Deadly Strike at whoever looks the most dangerous. It went so fast I started pursuing wins (because I finally got knocked down a few pegs) and pushed through to 75 in a pretty laid-back session while watching Netflix.
  • Player1575
    Player1575 Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Kishida said:
    I haven't had a problem with winning matches this event, but I've suffered from lousy server lag. Twice I've shielded out and ten minutes later been hit with notifications for losses of 75 and 66 points. Is this the game's way of trying to get players to switch to win-based as a preference? Why spend on shields if they're not actually shielding you?

If you pay attention to your points you'll notice that they don't decrease. You actually already lost the points because you were hit before you shielded, but the notification itself didn't show up till later.

Easiest way to tell if you were hit is to look at the points you start with when they add on the points after a victory. If it's less than what you started the match with you were hit during your match.
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Actually that isn't always the case.
    I've had times where I've shielded and then my points dropped AFTERwards , along with a notification.  Granted it doesn't happen often, but it does happen. 
  • Kishida
    Kishida Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Twysta said:
    I've had times where I've shielded and then my points dropped AFTERwards , along with a notification.  Granted it doesn't happen often, but it does happen. 
    ^
    This is exactly correct. I've been shield-hopping (and pinging the scoreboard immediately afterwards) for months, and it's happened to me very occasionally (i.e. maybe twice) before. This, though, was the only time I've been knocked more than once in the same event. Still ended up 1200+ and t25, but it leaves a bad taste in the mouth.
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Kishida said:
    Twysta said:
    ^
    This is exactly correct. I've been shield-hopping (and pinging the scoreboard immediately afterwards) for months, and it's happened to me very occasionally (i.e. maybe twice) before. This, though, was the only time I've been knocked more than once in the same event. Still ended up 1200+ and t25, but it leaves a bad taste in the mouth.
    The opposite can happen, too -- and did for me in this very event. I was quite surprised. I received +12 points, I think it was, from a passive win post-shielding. Quite a pleasant, though immaterial, surprise.