***** Loki (God of Mischief) *****

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
edited August 2018 in Character Details

5-Star Rarity (Epic)
Villains
purpletilepng greentilepng blacktilepng

"Born a prince of Jotunheim and adopted by Odin, Loki can lay claim to both Frost Giant and Asgardian royalty. While this puts great power at his disposal, Loki's true strength comes from his talent for illusion and trickery.

For all his skill at fooling others, Loki can't convince himself that he belongs anywhere. As an outsider in both lands, Loki constantly seeks ways to prove himself worthy, no matter how much his treachery hurts his family - and innocent bystanders."

(Abilities, Match Damage, and Health listed at level 450)
53,841 Health
purpletilepng 696 | greentilepng 618 | blacktilepng 541 |  344 | bluetilepng 89 |  82 | yellowtilepng 75 |  4.3x

Shadowplay - 7 purpletilepng AP
Loki conjures replicas of himself to distract and confuse his foes. Creates 2 3-turn Shadowplay tiles - Black Countdown tiles that, if destroyed before going off, create 2 new Shadowplay tiles. After firing this power, it becomes Dagger Surprise.
  • Level 2: No change.
  • Level 3: Creates 3 3-turn Shadowplay tiles...
  • Level 4: No change.
  • Level 5: Creates 4 4-turn Shadowplay tiles...
Dagger Surprise - 4 purpletilepng AP
Loki springs from behind an illusion, pouncing on an unsuspecting enemy. Removes up to 2 friendly Shadowplay tiles, dealing 7,409 damage for each. When there are no friendly Shadowplay tiles on the board, this power becomes Shadowplay.
  • Level 2: ...dealing 8,026 damage for each.
  • Level 3: No change.
  • Level 4: Removes up to 3 friendly Shadowplay tiles...
  • Level 5: ...dealing 8,891 damage for each.
Destroy Everything - 11 greentilepng AP
Loki bends the power of Asgard to his will, sending the Destroyer after his enemies. Creates a Fortified 3-turn Green Repeater tile that destroys a random row and deals 2,840 damage to the enemy team. (Destroyed tiles do not deal damage or generate AP.)
  • Level 2: ...deals 3,309 damage to the enemy team.
  • Level 3: ...deals 3,779 damage to the enemy team.
  • Level 4: ...deals 4,718 damage to the enemy team.
  • Level 5: ...deals 6,596 damage to the enemy team.
Feign Death blacktilepng Passive
Loki feigns death and lies in wait for the opportune moment to retaliate. When Loki becomes Downed, creates a Trap tile that, when matched, revives Loki with 40% health and generates 1 Green AP.
  • Level 2: ...and generates 2 Green AP.
  • Level 3: ...revives Loki with 45% health...
  • Level 4: ...revives Loki with 51% health...
  • Level 5: ...revives Loki with 62% health and generates 3 Green AP.
What do you think is Loki's best build? Vote down below!

***** Loki (God of Mischief) ***** 11 votes

5/5/3
100%
Spoittrat73rdevil32Tony_FootJackDeath666tph_jamesD4Ni13thechairmannwahs086lakantanzAlexNapalm 11 votes
5/4/4
0%
5/3/5
0%
4/5/4
0%
4/4/5
0%
3/5/5
0%

Comments

• Richyyy
    Richyyy Posts: 305 Mover and Shaker
    As mentioned in the thread about the character's release, the green power actually costs 11AP, not 10.
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,698 Chairperson of the Boards
    5/5/3
    Great purple nuke to run with okoye and Thor but other than that on the bench forever. Green repeater too slow and Thor generates AP. It will take a gambit like character using green to replace Thor in the green slot.

I like Loki a lot and his green and purple are both great powers but Thor exists and that countdown is too long. Good alternative to Thor if you don’t have Thor.
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    Tony_Foot said:
    I like Loki a lot and his green and purple are both great powers but Thor exists and that countdown is too long. Good alternative to Thor if you don’t have Thor.
    Or if he's locked out (like in a 3*/4* Thor PvP) or when a lower Thor is essential in a Story.

Always good to have backup plans.
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 946 Critical Contributor
    Does Loki's Feign Death work if he is stunned?
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Tried out Loki and Hawkeye. Matching a fortified Shadowplay countdown creates new countdowns while the old one stays on board, so it's definitely a combo with some potential.
  • hopper1979
    hopper1979 Posts: 564 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2018
    How about Carol (brain not working that is the same as 4 Captain Marvel that you suggested in the post I just read), we are talking about countdowns, and she has a active black and yellow.  You just need something to get some attack/strike/attack tiles on the board asap.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster said:
    Tried out Loki and Hawkeye. Matching a fortified Shadowplay countdown creates new countdowns while the old one stays on board, so it's definitely a combo with some potential.
    That combo is only missing active Black and Yellow. Use Okoye as the third, or heck, 4* Captain Marvel for the countdown chaos

Definitely something I may try when there's no required character.
  • himatako
    himatako Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    Did something happen to his Feign Death power? I don't remember matching his Trap tile but the next moment I realized he was already revived for some reasons. Doesn't it show a passive power banner when you match his Trap tile? 
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    himatako said:
    Did something happen to his Feign Death power? I don't remember matching his Trap tile but the next moment I realized he was already revived for some reasons. Doesn't it show a passive power banner when you match his Trap tile? 
    Yeah, and a big light show, if you have animations on. If you don't have animations on... you've taken that risk on yourself.
  • himatako
    himatako said:
    Yeah, and a big light show, if you have animations on. If you don't have animations on... you've taken that risk on yourself.
    That makes sense then. I wish they were consistent with the passive power banner though. Other powers still show the banner even when you turn the animations off :-/
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    himatako said:
    himatako said:
    That makes sense then. I wish they were consistent with the passive power banner though. Other powers still show the banner even when you turn the animations off :-/
    Oh, maybe that's what happens. The banner shows when he's downed, same as From the Ashes, not when it's matched. I'd have to test that. I know the animation plays when it's matched away, I've never looked for a banner then.

Do other trap tile powers show banners when they're matched? 
  • himatako

Do other trap tile powers show banners when they're matched? 
    Yes, but only if they do something upon being matched, like Ambush, Demolition, Damning Evidence etc. Traps that don’t do anything upon being matched, like Doom’s Diabolical Plot or America’s Ticket to the Multiverse, won’t have any banners when they’re matched away.

I forgot if opposing America’s Ticket shows a banner if that part of the passive activates when she has traps in three different colours. I only know they’ll show the “Trap Disarmed” as she does damage to whoever you have in front.
    With Ambush and Demolition, there was at least a delay to show that a trap has been sprung. With Loki, it's like a normal match. Next thing you know, he's already back like he was never down to begin with. Although I'd have to say that this surprisingly fits with his character. So many times I looked at the opponent's team, saw him still alive and was like "Wait, weren't you already down!?"

Currently my Loki is 4/0/1. I wonder if he can be useful with just his purple at 4 as I don't expect much from green to begin with, and Black works even with just one cover.