5-star Release Vaults & Hoarding

Options
2»

Comments

• jtmagee
    jtmagee Posts: 158 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I tend to pull as I go but now i’m Starting to realize it’ll be easier to just wait for a decent store. I got one Loki in 4 pulls, so now I will hoard until Okoye is about to leave Latests. That way I will have a chance to fully cover all three, depending how close to 100 pulls I can get in a month while opening every token except Latest. 
  • justsing
    justsing Posts: 507 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm not a fan of hoarding, so I really only hoard after I finish a Latest 5*. In this case, I had finished JJ and Beardcap pretty early, so I had 1640ish CP saved up. This store was perfect because I wanted to finish my 3/3/3 Bolt. Of course, RNG decided to hate me, so I ended with:

7/69 (10%) with 3 Thors, 4 Lokis, and no Bolts. I did get a 5* BH DD though... 
  • jtmagee
    Options
    justsing said:
    I'm not a fan of hoarding, so I really only hoard after I finish a Latest 5*. In this case, I had finished JJ and Beardcap pretty early, so I had 1640ish CP saved up. This store was perfect because I wanted to finish my 3/3/3 Bolt. Of course, RNG decided to hate me, so I ended with:

That’s where you gotta reset your BH to Bolt, that way you could’ve gotten him no matter what.
  • justsing
    justsing Posts: 507 Critical Contributor
    Options
    jtmagee said:
    justsing said:

That’s where you gotta reset your BH to Bolt, that way you could’ve gotten him no matter what.
    I figured I'd be getting Bolt from regular pulls anyways. tbh, I'd rather have the DD cover anyways. If only I could trade those 3 Thors for Bolts though... 
  • jtmagee
    Options
    Got ya. 
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    52 pulls so far, two Bolt and one Thor. At least I got enough Valkyrie covers to get Another Thor cover that way... No Loki so far though. This did not go as I hoped.
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I got extremely bored waiting for the boss event refreshes... Went all in on my half-tinykitty hoard of just over 1k until I hit 0, then went at it again with my champ rewards. That added up to a total of 56 pulls, 2 4* BH and 2 5* BH - got my 4widow to 280 just in time to preserve my streak of getting at least 1 cover no matter who they assigned as feeder. Champed wasp and fattened Okoye.

Actual pulls:
    4 lokis (no black covers, which annoys me deeply and possibly influenced my pulling spree)
    3 thors (already a bit larger than I wanted him)
    6 bolts (kind of ridiculous but I really can't complain...)

Post applying covers and gambling on the loki limited vault I'm at 102 cp and 1 more loki token, plus 31 latests. With everyone including wasp excluding loki champed, I'm giving serious consideration to hoarding until Wasp is gone. I really would like more Loki sooner than that though...
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I always skip these vaults.  It is not because I don’t want B.B. or could use more Thors, but because it makes it more difficult to get the other 2 latest 5*.  I pull every time the new 5* goes into latest and have been. Lie to champ all the latest 5* since 5lord came out.  For older 5* I will bonus hero them and hope I get them if they are not champed already.  When Loki first to latest I should probably have 130 pulls with latest tokens and cp which should let me champ Okoye 12 covers, and possible Wasp and get some good covers for Loki.