Weekend event: please not on monday?

Options
2»

Comments

• Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Kinesia said:
    In Australia I'm at GMT -10. For me it lasts until late Monday but _Friday_ night has absolutely nothing on the schedule at all.

My suggestion is to shift the starting time back 12 hours. (A whole day _might_ work, or maybe even 18 hours but would need to map out how it lines up for specific time zones...)

If the event times were moved back 12 hours, it would be starting at 4am Friday and ending at 2am Monday for me in EST (US East Coast, not sure what it is relative to GMT).  That actually wouldn't be too bad, since the refreshes would be at noon, 8pm, and 4 am, with the final refresh coming at 8pm.
  • Rhasget
    Rhasget Posts: 412 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Mburn7 said:
    Kinesia said:
    In Australia I'm at GMT -10. For me it lasts until late Monday but _Friday_ night has absolutely nothing on the schedule at all.

My suggestion is to shift the starting time back 12 hours. (A whole day _might_ work, or maybe even 18 hours but would need to map out how it lines up for specific time zones...)

If the event times were moved back 12 hours, it would be starting at 4am Friday and ending at 2am Monday for me in EST (US East Coast, not sure what it is relative to GMT).  That actually wouldn't be too bad, since the refreshes would be at noon, 8pm, and 4 am, with the final refresh coming at 8pm.
    This would be superbad for most europeans with the last charge coming at 12 PM and event end at 6 AM (GMT+1 conversion which is central europe).

Actually I think they did this for a time when they switched the times around a bit. I remember getting up 30 minutes earlier for work to finish the weekend events a few times.

Just changing the start won't work. The time between charges and time from last charge to end can be changed with minimum effort and work out for everyone. And make it so you don't max out charges until half the event is done.
    They changed RotGP from 4 to 8(?) to 6 hours didn't they?

• Sarahschmara
    Sarahschmara Posts: 554 Critical Contributor
    Options
    gogol666 said:
    Or they could give us all the charges upfront and let us play at our pace
    #allChargesUpfront
    Simplest and most elegant solution. 
  • joerginger
    joerginger Posts: 194 Tile Toppler
    Options
    The suggestions forum can most likely be ignored completely. The way to get feedback through to the team is sending tickets. I only realized that last weekend, but I think it's good to know.
  • gogol666
    gogol666 Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Rhasget said:
    Maybe try and post these ideas in the Suggestions & Feedback forum and will get attention. Don't know how much they read there but can't harm.
    I though the Suggestion & Feedback section was a glorified troll name for the trash bin
  • Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thanks @Rhasget and @Mburn7 , that's some of the feedback NONE of us know unless we actually have these conversations.

I noticed in my coalition this weekend that the early finish, the reduction to 2 days, messed a number of people up. A few who weren't ready for it but MOST because they needed the extra time to organise their schedule around things, like one person who was stuck travelling for a time, another who worked Sunday (and with most events would catchup on the Monday but this time couldn't).

• gogol666
    gogol666 Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I guess the problems were more likely caused by the max charge fixed to 3 which only gives 16 hours after the start of the event before the nodes are full. Again, please don't ask for longer events, but ask for a more flexible charge system, so that we can both be happy
  • Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I will fully agree that we need both, but not either alone. Max charge of 5 or 6 or so would've helped people with some of the problems but not everything.

And, yeah, we probably can't fix everything, but... Max 5 or 6 charges and an extra 12 hours tacked on the end of the event with NO new charges being generated, that'd have solved most things I heard about.
  • ninjark
    ninjark Posts: 50 Match Maker
    Options
    I think even if they could add bonus hours at the end without having a recharge, there would be confusion/panic from people thinking something went wrong and they missed out on a charge.  

We are so accustomed to refreshes every X hours every event.  Added no refresh time would have to be a change to every event, or we would have to memorize/note which ones do or do not have extra time (but no last charge) as they change each one.  Sounds messy.

For 5-node, 46-hour events like RtO, I'd like to see 3/5 starting charges with 12-hour refreshes.
    We would get 3 refreshes with 10 hours to complete the last one instead of only 6 hours. 
    Total number of battles would stay at 30.
    24 hours until nodes fill...
    And!  By completing just 1 round of battles within that first 24 hours, you will not miss any refreshes.

For 5-node, 70-hour events like TDW, 12-hour refreshes would still work with 3/5 starting charges. 
    With 5 refreshes we would end up with 40 battles instead of 45.
    Personnally, I'd rather see closer to 30-35 battles and stick with only 46-hour events, but the big thing would be getting that 10-hour final refresh for all events instead of only 6 hours.
  • babar3355
    babar3355 Posts: 1,128 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Monday mornings are really my only time to play.  My weekends are swamped.
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    babar3355 said:
    Monday mornings are really my only time to play.  My weekends are swamped.
    ^^^ same here, maybe an hour or two saturday morning if time allows...but that's not enough to even make half progression