Nahiri's third power and Arcades Strategy error

Options
Wolfbane
Wolfbane Posts: 42 Just Dropped In
Hi Guys,

I've noticed some strange behaviour on Nahiri's third power in TDW.

The third power grants Haste and Trample and reinforces the target creature six time until the end of your turn. in noticed that on the Arcades node in TDW Hast and Trample dissapear at the end of your turn however the reinforcements do not.

I tlooks like this is the result of interaction with the additional lvl 3 power granted bij the permanent support Arcades Strategy.

I recreated this effect a couple of times when targeting Verix Bladewing with the third ability.
Verix would gain Haste and Trample and become a 48/48 creature, then the lvl 3 power of Arcades Strategy turns Verix into a 96/48 until end of turn. At the end of the turn all creatures revert back to their powerlevel prior to the boost from Arcades Strategy. This causes the  creature  reinforced with Nahiri's 3rd  to return to the reinforced state instead of the original state. 

Returning to the example of Verix Bladewing this means that at the end of the turn Verix has been morphed into a 48/48 instead of  an 8/8 dragon.

This has effectivly won me 4 games in a row, dealing 96 (+ some minor damage from other creatures) in turn 1 and dealing 48 damage on the subsequent turn.

Seems that the change in powerlevel as a result of Arcedes Strategy causes the game to "forget" that these was a prior until end of turn condition related to the cards powerlevel

Comments

• Bil
    Bil Posts: 831 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2018
    Options
      I think what you are describing is more or less the normal behaviour (except that your dragon should be 48/8 instead of 48/48).
       When you play nahiri's third the dragon becomes 40/40, then gets the arcades buff and becomes 80/40
       Arcades buff is a permanent buff so when your creature looses his reinforcments it becomes 48/8 as the arcades buff remains (8 from base power + 40 from arcades buff).
  • jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bil said:
      I think what you are describing is more or less the normal behaviour (except that your dragon should be 48/8 instead of 48/48).
       When you play nahiri's third the dragon becomes 40/40, then gets the arcades buff and becomes 80/40
       Arcades buff is a permanent buff so when your creature looses his reinforcments it becomes 48/8 as the arcades buff remains (8 from base power + 40 from arcades buff).
    Yeah. It's pretty sick, isn't it? B)

Loving Nahiri on that node.
  • DBJones
    DBJones Posts: 803 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Saheeli or Kiora are even better, since they also count as fulfilling both objectives by casting their ultimate. Though you need a vehicle with 5+ toughness for Saheeli.
  • Wolfbane
    Wolfbane Posts: 42 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Thanks for clearing that up, I missed the fact that the secondary buff was a permanent.