PVE Essential display thoughts

The rockett
The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
edited August 2018 in MPQ General Discussion
This is something that I have been thinking about for some time.  When you compare PVE essential node to Lighting Rounds and yellow Loaner nodes in PVE there is a big difference when you are looking at your rosters.  

For example, in LRs, if it is a Magneto event all of your rostered Magnetos are displayed at the front even if they are under leveled.

For the yellow Loaner node, this is the same thing.  All of the required characters are on the front of the screen. 

When you get to the 2/3/4/5* Essential node, they are not.  You have to scroll through your whole roster to find them.  Now if you have, for example using this current PVE, 2-2* Human Torch rostered and they are both maxed champed, the system will rotate these to the highest Health one available.  Now if you have a 3rd Human Torch at 143, the system will not pull that one up if both of the 144 are dead.  You would have to scroll all the way down to find them.  Why is that?  

Can we the Dev team look at this and see if this is possible?  It is already established in Lighting Rounds and the Yellow Loaner node in PVE.  This would be a great update so you don’t have to scroll looking for them.  

Comments

• Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    While I respect your enthusiasm to change things across the game-sphere, this has to be, like... 143rd on the list of things to change or improve.
  • Kojubat
    Kojubat Posts: 142 Tile Toppler
    I have been asking for this change for what feels like years (and probably is).

I've come to the conclusion there is a significant code difference between fights that give you a loaner, and fights that do not.

If you get a loaner for a character, all versions of that specific character sort together at the beginning of the list, trumping all other sort keys. If there are multiple loaners, each individual character is grouped and sorted by level, even if they would otherwise intermingle.

If you do not get a loaner (essential nodes, boss minion required), the required character(s) are just sorted in to the available roster like a weekly boosted.

If I had to guess, the fact that a required node can be configured for a range of characters (any version of Storm, Team Iron Man, etc.) led to forked code and since neither branch is broken, per se, doesn't warrant a code review to re-merge them except as a pet project.
  • Dotproduct
    Dotproduct Posts: 217 Tile Toppler
    I’d rather have a team favourites list so I can call up my goon node kill team (G/R/S) vs my tile mover node kill team (G/R/M) without having to scroll to find Strange about 4-5 screens back. 
  • The rockett
    Kojubat said:
    I have been asking for this change for what feels like years (and probably is).

I've come to the conclusion there is a significant code difference between fights that give you a loaner, and fights that do not.

If you get a loaner for a character, all versions of that specific character sort together at the beginning of the list, trumping all other sort keys. If there are multiple loaners, each individual character is grouped and sorted by level, even if they would otherwise intermingle.

If you do not get a loaner (essential nodes, boss minion required), the required character(s) are just sorted in to the available roster like a weekly boosted.

If I had to guess, the fact that a required node can be configured for a range of characters (any version of Storm, Team Iron Man, etc.) led to forked code and since neither branch is broken, per se, doesn't warrant a code review to re-merge them except as a pet project.
    That could be the case for sure but the programming is there with the other nodes.  Not sure how hard it would be to tweak it or maybe they couldn’t. 
  • The rockett

I’d rather have a team favourites list so I can call up my goon node kill team (G/R/S) vs my tile mover node kill team (G/R/M) without having to scroll to find Strange about 4-5 screens back. 
    If I remember correctly they did talk about this at one time and then it went away.  Not sure why.  
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards

If I remember correctly they did talk about this at one time and then it went away.  Not sure why.  
    This is the easiest most obvious quality of of life issue left unaddressed in the game.

The format of the various modes alone demand specialized teams.  1.  requiring a 6x grind for the prog, 2.  Themed events that encourage similar team comps.  etc...

PVE:  Goon team, regualr team, thormerica blah blah blah.

pvp:  Climb teams,  Counter teams,  Hopping teams, shielding teams.

Implementing a 1 click favorites team will improve the quality of life of virtually all types of players at all levels of development.