Character symbols???

Twomp_thaDJ
Twomp_thaDJ Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
how do you get the character symbols in the posts. Like the in game circle icons... help.. don’t know if was posted before but help or direct me to the instructions post lol

Comments

• Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    You used to just be able to type :hulk: or :loki: and their icon would show up. Now as far as I know the only way to do it is to copy/paste them from the MPQ wiki.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    I use this thread: https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/63526/forum-formatting-question#latest

Not sure it has all of them, but it covers a lot (since we had trouble with how easy they were to post after the forum migration).
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    To be honest, I don't miss the custom emojis at all.  With so many characters, it was getting difficult to keep track of all the symbols.  It's much easier when people just say what they mean.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    jamesh said:
    To be honest, I don't miss the custom emojis at all.  With so many characters, it was getting difficult to keep track of all the symbols.  It's much easier when people just say what they mean.
    Eh, I kinda liked them. The only issue I had was that the naming convention wasn't consistent, so if you didn't have them memorized you'd sit there typing out half a dozen permutations of a character's name trying to get the icon to show up.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards

They were great for the PVP threads up until the point we had two 4* Venoms sharing the same icon.

There never was a use for the Iron Patriot icon.

• Twomp_thaDJ
    Twomp_thaDJ Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    thanx yall..
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards

They were great for the PVP threads up until the point we had two 4* Venoms sharing the same icon.

There never was a use for the Iron Patriot icon.

Sure there was. It was for people to make posts saying "Hey guys, who's this character?" =)