Cover Saving & the HfH Store

Warbringa
Warbringa Posts: 1,299 Chairperson of the Boards
edited August 2018 in MPQ General Discussion
So what does the forum think the impact of being able to save most covers will do to the utility of the Heroes for Hire store?  I know that I usually only bought from the store when I needed that 13th cover for a 4* or if there is a 5* classic cover for 250 CP that I really need. I think it will still be used for the classic 5* but now that you can save covers, I won't really be tempted to spend HP on that 4* cover any longer.  Will you still buy 4* covers from the store and do you think the player base will continue to do so or do you anticipate a significant drop in HfH purchases?

A prime example for me is that Agent Venom black cover is coming up soon and I need that particular cover for my 13th cover of him however, now that I can just save his covers, I really don't feel the need to spend HP on that offer at this time since I really don't need to champ him at this point (even though I have enough iso to do so).  

Comments

• dragonreader
    dragonreader Posts: 89 Match Maker
    I'll still buy 4* covers when it makes sense.  For example, my medusa is ad 5/2/5, with an extra yellow on the vine (not saved yet).  If the special HfH were to pop up offering me the red cover I need, I'd absolutely buy it so that I could champ her. 

I generally don't buy the normal HfH offers for the the character in Crash of the Titans unless I am close to champing them.

Currently I don't buy 5* HfH as I am still in 3* to 4* land 
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've been pondering the same thing, especially when it comes to the 250 CP 5*s.  Should I buy as many of those as can until I get all older 5*s champed.  Probably not, but there may be cases where it makes sense.  
  • Sim Mayor
    Sim Mayor Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    broll said:
    I've been pondering the same thing, especially when it comes to the 250 CP 5*s.  Should I buy as many of those as can until I get all older 5*s champed.  Probably not, but there may be cases where it makes sense.  
    Agreed. I'm squinting hard enough at the 250CP purple cover for my 1/0/2 Dark Phoenix that she's about to get a restraining order against me, but it just feels harder to justify now that I know I won't ever lose covers waiting for it.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    It largely depends on where you are in the game. 

Let's say your favourite or your top tier character has 12 covers, would you rather wait for H4H offer or would you pull tokens till you got one? It's a difference between being able to use it now or later.   Besides, H4H gives other goodies such as tokens and Iso-8 as well. 

For veteran players, they could spend the HP on comic store instead of HfH deals.