Bone Dragon possible bug

Options
boopers
boopers Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
I have noticed that bone dragon will not return to the battlefield unless you have at “least” 8 cards in the graveyard.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/469355433165848576/474186683836006401/image.png

Because the text uses the word “and” instead of “then” I had interpreted that the intent was that there are two functions to this card that were not conditional to each other.

1) your first 8 cards are exiled (even if you have less)
2) bone dragon returns to the battlefield after being destroyed. 

At mythic level, this seemed like it was very good, but not OP since losing cards from your graveyard is pretty negative in some deck builds and negates using sone other powerful cards in the same deck as bone dragon. 

So I’d like to have someone verify if the card is bugged, or is behaving as octagon intended. If it is behaving as intended, I would request a text change to something like:

“when this cesture is destroyed, if you have 8 or more cards in your graveyard: exile 8 cards, then return this creature to the battlefield. 

However, I think the better fix is to make bone dragon return to the battlefield as last long as you have at least one card in your graveyard. It could remove up to 8 cards to stay balanced and this pretty much ensures that it is just very hard to kill, not impossible... like diggeraz.