YES or NO (Marvel Puzzle Quest Edtion) #1

Options
Rogue4Lyfe
Rogue4Lyfe Posts: 43 Just Dropped In
edited August 2018 in MPQ General Discussion
I thought it would be funny to combine characters into the ultimate SMASH or PASS challenge.

But due to the forums rule, I am not allowed to put sexually-provoken language. So I change it into a safer version.
YES or NO. And YES for SMASH and NO for PASS

But instead, you "SMASH'' the character if you think that is the best character in all characters given below by vote that character, or you like that character. 
Other character you did not vote will be "PASS'', means you don't like or enjoy playing with that character.

Since there are so many characters in the game, I will do only 4* characters first.
Each time there will be only 4 characters in the alphabet order each poll to vote and you can only vote for 1

The 2 characters that have the highest vote rating will be announced on the next poll.

YES or NO (Marvel Puzzle Quest Edtion) #1 105 votes

Agent Coulson (Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D)
8%
KolenceCaptainFreakyLystrataMark70MortaloJaedenkaalScreen MonkeyPtahhotepEvariste 9 votes
America Chavez (Young Avengers)
85%
elvy75rixmithJonny1Punchabmorazdr tinykittylovewhitecat31ViralCoresirwookieechrismoss04AkuvilleLHammerSymmeTreyTiggidanorthnorthStevO-JalaethHendrossPongiejackstar0MathiasTCK 90 votes
Ant-Man (Scott Lang)
2%
ZootSaxSteve111DanielleL 3 votes
Black Panther (King of Wakanda)
2%
TrilateralusThaRoadWarriorGold_Dragon 3 votes

Comments

• DanielleL
    DanielleL Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Ant-Man (Scott Lang)
    I don't have 4* Black Panther. I think I used Coulson once. My America Chavez is at 0/2/0 so currently not useful and has been frustrating me since she has been unable to beat her crash. Ant-Man I'm using because he's boosted and I think I used him a couple times before then too. He's only at 2/2/0 but even without his yellow he's been useful. So for where I am in the game currently I'm going to go with Ant-Man.
  • Persephone
    Persephone Posts: 201 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I only recently got Ant-Man from Growth Industry.  I only played Coulson and King of Wakanda the last time they were required.  All of those are 1/1/0 or 0/2/0.  They are not currently helpful.  
    My America, though, is at 1/4/1.  She has been very helpful during HoD. 
  • maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    edited August 2018
    Options
    I've got Coulson, Chavez and Ant-Man champed, and BP at 5/2/5 and somewhere in the 90s I think. I chose Chavez as she is so much fun to use, especially when boosted. When she starts dropping a critical every turn, things can get crazy, which generates lots of AP to fuel the abilities of other team members. Coulson is very good with someone who puts down countdown tiles. He works well especially well with 4* Carol. Ant-Man is also a fun and versatile character to use. Not had much experience of using 4* BP, but I know he works very well with Shuri.
  • abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I use Coulson more regularly, as Hawkeye is one of my few Champed 5* chars, but ... let's face facts, Chavez is amazing and the fact she only has passive powers means the CPU can't tinykitty up playing her on defense.
  • St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 591 Critical Contributor
    Options
    abmoraz said:
    I use Coulson more regularly, as Hawkeye is one of my few Champed 5* chars, but ... let's face facts, Chavez is amazing and the fact she only has passive powers means the CPU can't tinykitty up playing her on defense.
    Yes it can, it will fire the other 2 guys' powers and America will stop punching everyone.
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 973 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Coulson is great in his limited role, but Chavez works awesome with almost EVERYONE.
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Respect to Phil, but America is mandatory.
  • Trilateralus
    Trilateralus Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I’ve never been more aware of how drastically different my play style is from others. I would have put America at the bottom of these four. (Based on how much I enjoy playing them, not necessarily how good they are)
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The only one of these I haven't spent any time with is Ant-Man, and i'm having a really hard time deciding on the others.

Coulson is a rad support character if you understand what he's doing, but he really wants to be on a team. Ideally teams with cheap actives, or that like countdowns going off, countdowns going off faster than they otherwise would, or that need AP in random colors.

Chavez is a solo killer that adds an auto-pilot force multiplier to any team for just playing the way people play: chasing match 4s and 5s till you win. 

P4nther in my mind is hardcore under-rated. He came out with Shuri, and they seem like they must be played together, but they really don't (even though together they are awesome). he doesn't have an especially good nuke, but if you aren't paying attention and let him get his repeaters going, he is going to match damage your face into the dirt real quick.

The general infatuation with Chavez reminds me of when C4rol launched, she was everywhere, and people were all what do we dooooooo??! but now it's no big deal to see her on teams. I've probably run P4nther un-boosted more often than the others, so I'll go Black Panther (king of wakanda)

• Sim Mayor
    Sim Mayor Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I thought “smash” was going to mean something else...
    Smash, Marry, Kill?

America is far and away the best 4* when boosted, and no slouch when she's not. As long as someone can tank for her until she gets rolling, she's nearly unbeatable on offense, and she can give an unwary opponent some nasty surprises on defense.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    America Chavez is easily the best of that bunch. Coulson is good, Ant-Man is ok. 4* Black Panther I don't have much experience with as mine is low covered but I heard good things about him.