v2.8 Update loading Issue

Options
ElectroBlast
ElectroBlast Posts: 52 Match Maker
Hi Everyone -

The team is aware that some users on iOS are having issues logging into the game after downloading the recent v2.8.0 update today from the App Store. The team is working on a fix for the issue and will provide an update once there is more information to share.

We have reports from players that reinstalling the app will remedy the issue but we request that players enable the Facebook save feature in the game before trying this workaround.

Please reach out to customer support if you come across any trouble accessing your account.

We will look to update THIS FAQ with more information as it becomes available. 

UPDATE 8/1
Thank you all for your patience regarding this issue. Through the course of the investigation of the issue, it was discovered that this issue only affects users who have submitted support or feedback tickets in the past.

The issue is reversible and users unable to load into the game will have their accounts restored.

Unfortunately, this will require a game client update, which usually takes a minimum of 2 days once we have completed testing on the version. We will release this version as soon as possible in the coming days. 

Thank you for your patience.
-The Magic PQ Team

Comments

• ayuready7
    ayuready7 Posts: 34 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I don’t have a Facebook save.So just wait now?
  • ElectroBlast
    Options
    ayuready7 said:
    I don’t have a Facebook save.So just wait now?
    For the moment, yes, unfortunately. We are waiting for a resolution for users not using FB save backup. 

• TheDude1
    TheDude1 Posts: 194 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Thank you for the help Electro!  To clarify from my earlier post, this is not just an iOS issue as I (and others I've heard) have Android.
  • Brakkis
    Brakkis Posts: 777 Critical Contributor
    Options
    This is also happening on Android, not just iOS.

Same thing to fix it though; uninstall and reinstall.
  • Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    (For those who hate Facebook, it's worth having a "placebo" account just for saving this game, even if you turn off everything else in and never ever login to it for anything else, it saves a great deal of pain. I totally understand hating Facebook, but losing access to your account is worse and you can still protect yourself.)
  • ElectroBlast
    Options
    @Brakkis & @TheDude1 - Thank you for clarifying! At the time I posted that, we did not have an Android device in the office exhibiting the issue. 

At this point, I do not anticipate having any resolution for non-FB folks until tomorrow, but if anything changes, I will update here. 

Thank you again for being patient! 

• DBJones
    DBJones Posts: 803 Critical Contributor
    Options
    A Facebook login is still required, but clearing app data was enough for me to get past this issue, takes a bit less time than a reinstall. I don't know if that's possible on iOS though.
  • versemage
    versemage Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I'm having the same problem on Android. I know other games I play and have played would restore my account upon reinstall just by logging into Google play. I'm not any kind of programmer so I don't know if that's because of Google play or the developer.
  • ElectroBlast
    Options
    versemage said:
    I'm having the same problem on Android. I know other games I play and have played would restore my account upon reinstall just by logging into Google play. I'm not any kind of programmer so I don't know if that's because of Google play or the developer.
    They are likely using a different backup system than we are. Thanks for the note, though! 
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I also cannot get past the Omniscience loading screen. Android phone
  • GrizzoMtGPQ
    GrizzoMtGPQ Posts: 776 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I am on iOS non-Facebook. I deleted the app redownloaded it and everything was good. That’s some wizardry there though. No clue how the game knew to restore my stuff.
  • ayuready7
    ayuready7 Posts: 34 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I am on iOS non-Facebook. I deleted the app redownloaded it and everything was good. That’s some wizardry there though. No clue how the game knew to restore my stuff.
    Yes,me too.iOS user without Facebook.I re-install the app and now can login.I think the server will remember the device and only need to use Facebook when changing devices.
  • TheDude1
    TheDude1 Posts: 194 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Based on the above two posts, I also tried reinstalling without the Facebook backup and it worked (on Android).  Not sure why/how it worked, but my data is all there.
  • jjorissen
    jjorissen Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I have the same issue on Android.
  • versemage
    versemage Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    Options
    And the rash of enchantments continue...I took the chance like everyone else and it worked! Uninstall, reinstall and voila!...game works perfectly with data intact. Praise be the digital spirits!
  • ElectroBlast
    Options
    Hi all, the main message here has been updated. Please see above. 
  • Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    From what I've heard in the past... App data isn't always deleted when you delete an app automatically, so if you reinstall and DON'T do anything else between times you can be lucky. It's like losing your partition table on a hard drive to some degree. But it's a risk.
  • LakeStone
    LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator
    Options
    The team has fixed the loading issues that some players have experienced in the game. Please download the newest update v2.8.1 that went live today to apply the fix. Thank you for your patience as we worked on fixing the issue. https://d3go.helpshift.com/a/magic-puzzle-quest/?s=current-known-issues&f=known-issue-v2-8-update-loading-issue&l=en
  • Gunmix25
    Gunmix25 Posts: 1,434 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2018
    Options
    LakeStone said:
    The team has fixed the loading issues that some players have experienced in the game. Please download the newest update v2.8.1 that went live today to apply the fix. Thank you for your patience as we worked on fixing the issue. https://d3go.helpshift.com/a/magic-puzzle-quest/?s=current-known-issues&f=known-issue-v2-8-update-loading-issue&l=en
    @LakeStone
    . I was able to load and play prior this update. Now I can no longer load or play after loading. 

Update: after deleting and reloading twice and help with clearing Cache then reloaded again... it now works.