The new ranking system is BAD!

When I started playing I had to face the hard truth that my characters were just too weak so I couldn't get so many points in PvP and PvE, but I still tried and got more points and better rewards, the more I advanced my characters and roster. Just the way it should be. I was on my way to better results, I advanced my roster, got more and better characters, levelled them, got higher points, got better rankings...but then, I started to level a 3-star character to level 122 and suddenly the brackets required more points, so I had to fight harder to get higher points, and still couldn't get enough to get the same results that I got in the past. 950 is about my current limit and that doesn't even get me to top 10 anymore. At the same time, I hear other players get rank 1 with only 700 points. That makes me rage! Why should newcomers have an easy time? Learn that you have to fight to get what you want! But nooo, D3 seems to value the new players higher than the old-timers that have played long and hard. It's more important to increase the amount of new players and make the game easy for them, than to keep the quality of the game and make it better.

D3, you are losing this battle! This game was good because it was hard and presented a challenge but you could get better and make the game easier as you progressed. Making the game easier for newcomers is the wrong way to go, you're destroying everything that was good about this game!

Sure, I have a level 122 Punisher...which I DON'T USE, because he doesn't fit my play style right now, but it seems I still get punished just for having him, and having him at that level. So where's the logic in that? I prefer using my OBW and Ares, they work just fine for me. But nooo, I have a high level Punisher so they expect me to be a tough player. I'm not. I'm just a soon-to-be ex-player, because that's how it feels right now. With a ranking system that just seems to get worse, decaying results even though I now fight harder and get higher points, this game has ceased to be fun. icon_e_sad.gif

Comments

• Daige wrote:
    When I started playing I had to face the hard truth that my characters were just too weak so I couldn't get so many points in PvP and PvE, but I still tried and got more points and better rewards, the more I advanced my characters and roster. Just the way it should be. I was on my way to better results, I advanced my roster, got more and better characters, levelled them, got higher points, got better rankings...but then, I started to level a 3-star character to level 122 and suddenly the brackets required more points, so I had to fight harder to get higher points, and still couldn't get enough to get the same results that I got in the past. 950 is about my current limit and that doesn't even get me to top 10 anymore. At the same time, I hear other players get rank 1 with only 700 points. That makes me rage! Why should newcomers have an easy time? Learn that you have to fight to get what you want! But nooo, D3 seems to value the new players higher than the old-timers that have played long and hard. It's more important to increase the amount of new players and make the game easy for them, than to keep the quality of the game and make it better.

D3, you are losing this battle! This game was good because it was hard and presented a challenge but you could get better and make the game easier as you progressed. Making the game easier for newcomers is the wrong way to go, you're destroying everything that was good about this game!

Sure, I have a level 122 Punisher...which I DON'T USE, because he doesn't fit my play style right now, but it seems I still get punished just for having him, and having him at that level. So where's the logic in that? I prefer using my OBW and Ares, they work just fine for me. But nooo, I have a high level Punisher so they expect me to be a tough player. I'm not. I'm just a soon-to-be ex-player, because that's how it feels right now. With a ranking system that just seems to get worse, decaying results even though I now fight harder and get higher points, this game has ceased to be fun. icon_e_sad.gif

The fact that you have a 122 Punisher sitting on your bench isn't causing your problems at all.

Season 1 + alliances = higher scores across the board. The fact that you were able to score 950 points at all with a **** team like Ares and OBW means your MMR is going to skyrocket, because a 2* team shouldn't be at that level unless they need a challenge.

Back when I was using Ares and OBW it was impossible to get anywhere near that high.
  • "The new ranking system leaves much to be desired"...haha, that's not what I initially wrote! Way to censor how we express our feelings. I did censor the topic a little, but I still said it s*cks. icon_evil.gif

Edited the topic name now, as "leaves much to be desired" is way too polite and gentle to represent my opinion, but I guess "BAD" is okay to write.
  • jozier wrote:
    The fact that you have a 122 Punisher sitting on your bench isn't causing your problems at all.

Season 1 + alliances = higher scores across the board. The fact that you were able to score 950 points at all with a **** team like Ares and OBW means your MMR is going to skyrocket, because a 2* team shouldn't be at that level unless they need a challenge.

Back when I was using Ares and OBW it was impossible to get anywhere near that high.

Well, when the overall points were lower, I didn't get 950, then I got lower points. Now, when the points skyrocket, I can get 950 with a little effort. The PvP character is usually totally redundant for me, it doesn't matter which character it is, I keep using Ares and OBW and get nice scores...which still aren't nearly enough to get good rankings anymore. icon_e_sad.gif

So if I use the "wrong" characters now, what should I do? My 3-stars are not nearly enough to take me anywhere right now and I don't even like using them as they are now. Except maybe Steve Rogers but he's a little too low in level at the moment to be really usable.
  • I was expecting to come into this and see "the one where you cant rank cos the game wont let you in"