SIM is fun again!

2»

Comments

• MgoBlue51
    MgoBlue51 Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
    Yea this has gotten tough. I have to run the same team every time because I only have 3 champed 5s (gambit, PPSM, JJ), and now that team gets eaten alive. First time in months that I couldn’t hit 2k in simulator for the season. I think okoye will be champed soon so hopefully she can step in for my gambit, but it’s tough to face Thor with no way to nuke his ~60k health or stop any of his powers. I just end up hoping I can get him to just above 1/2 health and then empty my color tank so he never fires his passive. But jj’s passive has a habit of bringing his health down a little farther than anticipated, so I eat a lot of damage. Tough goings so far
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,101 Chairperson of the Boards
    Now if only the 4* game could be as varied. SIM is still the Medusa / Rocket / Gamora playground for the most part. Not that they can't be beaten, even easily by some teams, but it's tiresome seeing them over, and over, and over. 
    Maybe I've just been lucky but playing a fair bit of Sim at the weekend it didn't seem quite as bad for M/R/G spamming. Sure they were still there but maybe only about 50% of matches as oppossed the normal 80%.
  • thedarkphoenix
    thedarkphoenix Posts: 557 Critical Contributor
    MgoBlue51 said:
    Yea this has gotten tough. I have to run the same team every time because I only have 3 champed 5s (gambit, PPSM, JJ), and now that team gets eaten alive. First time in months that I couldn’t hit 2k in simulator for the season. I think okoye will be champed soon so hopefully she can step in for my gambit, but it’s tough to face Thor with no way to nuke his ~60k health or stop any of his powers. I just end up hoping I can get him to just above 1/2 health and then empty my color tank so he never fires his passive. But jj’s passive has a habit of bringing his health down a little farther than anticipated, so I eat a lot of damage. Tough goings so far
    The biggest strength of JJ and thor is that JJ feeds thor's green usually. Meaning if she matches a trap tile once or twice not only are you taking a chunk of damage from the match now thor is closer to using his aoe.

So you can't ignore her really but at the same time the quicker you kill thor the better usually.
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,221 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dormammu said:
    I'm scared to death of Jessica Jones, but only because she's traumatized me on a number of occasions now and cleaned my clock with cascades of Damning Evidence. It's like when someone gets bit by a dog as a kid and is afraid of them forever thereafter.

I sure like using her, though.
    Also, am I the only one who gets uber confused when running America on your team, and JJ as the enemy.  All you see are trap tiles all over the place.  And the next thing you know the enemy cascades into JJ friggin taking your picture to death.  Fun times...
  • ViralCore
    ViralCore Posts: 168 Tile Toppler
    Definitely agree with the OP, SIM is fun again! Great job D3!
  • spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    Wins based rewards seem to be attracting a variety of players back. I know I'm only 28 wins away from the top reward, and will try churning those out over the next few nights. And I've played with a Grocket, G4mora and Nico team that let me rack up wins to climb that ladder very fast this weekend after I completed my PVE push. I've been knocked down the ladder since then points wise, but I'm not as mad as I was in previous iterations that I wouldn't get the top prize I was fighting for by outclassed teams.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    it's slow.
    boring
    frustrating ad stressful (again)
    i'm losing a lot more, both matches and getting hit.
    burning through more health packs.

thumbs up for gambit nerf!
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    Most fun I’ve had playing sim in ages.  Also earliest I’m playing it in ages.  So much better without the ubiquity of the Cajun.
  • kennn712
    kennn712 Posts: 69 Match Maker
    Can confirm. Sim is sooooo much better now. I can actually try some of my 5* champs now!
  • Dartmaster01
    Dartmaster01 Posts: 634 Critical Contributor

"Perfectly balanced, as all things should be."  -Thanos

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Don't worry, it'll be wall to wall Thor JJ Okoye next season.
    Everyone who has them is already running them.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    OJSP said:
    Bowgentle said:
     Well, let’s enjoy the fun while it lasted. :smile:
    It's quicker than the Gambit staring contest, so it's not bad.
  • thedarkphoenix
    thedarkphoenix Posts: 557 Critical Contributor
    The funny thing is before the nerf (buff) to gambit there was a ton of variety. It was usually gambit and two other randoms. 

Instead of JJ/Thor and whoever.

Then they added the AP burn and yeah it became mandatory you had a gambit to fight other gambits and climb.

Currently you don't have to have a JJ or a thor to climb it just makes it much easier.

Everyone right now is still trying to find that "best"  and quickest team.
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,299 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have had success still using Gambit in the Sim (he is my only champed 5*) along with Coulson and Captain Marvel.  The team powers work out how I would like (with only a green active missing) and all of those countdown tiles begin to really snowball with Marvel's passive tile buff and Coulson random AP gain.  So far it has worked really well but then again, I am only around 900 pts in the Sim.

I have been seeing a lot of different teams although JJ is on a vast majority of them.  I usually skip those teams and aim for any team with one 5* champ or a 360 level 5*.  I really wish I was able to get my JJ to 13 covers but unlucky draws only got her to 9 for me when she rotated out.  
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    Bowgentle said:
    Everyone who has them is already running them.
    I have them, and will not be running them.  Plenty of other variety to be found.
  • WEBGAS
    WEBGAS Posts: 474 Mover and Shaker
    well, JJ,  Gthor/DD,  Okoye  all the time is not my personal description of fun  :s