conundrum

SlappyDingle
SlappyDingle Posts: 60 Match Maker
UGH!!! The Phoenix purple cover calls to my 5/2/5 Phoenix. Do I spend the 250 cP to get it? I'll probably never pull that cover otherwise, will I?

Comments

• Screen Monkey
    Screen Monkey Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    Cheaper than buying it through usual route.
  • FinnyMPQ
    FinnyMPQ Posts: 51 Match Maker
    I would, even tho she's considered "bottom tier." Any 5* champed is fun when boosted in PvE
  • 0_efx_0
    0_efx_0 Posts: 236 Tile Toppler
    Go for it! The odds are against you. 
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    What's your Jubilee at? Personally I would probably wait until she dropped a Purple cover - with the saved cover feature you don't need to worry about covers of other colors expiring anyway.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,735 Chairperson of the Boards
    Anyone finishable with a feeder is not a great candidate for H5H.  She is certainly better in the era of Nerfbit than before, but still not good with her barely-5 match damage.

Getting someone to 300 is not as hard as you think with enough time.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,700 Chairperson of the Boards
    You won't use her in PvP. You'll probably only use her when boosted.

If, after knowing that, you still want her, go for it. Maybe you love the character. Maybe you don't imagine yourself leaving Jubilee as your 4* BH for an extended period of time. Maybe you are just a completionist. You are absolutely paying a premium for a lower tier character, but it's your roster.
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    It's all about utility.  I paid the CP tax to champ Rulk, Carol, and Peggy and have no regrets whatsoever.  My Phoenix is also close to 13 covers (maybe she's at 11) but I'm not sure that I'd pull that trigger.
  • abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    I wouldn't myself, as I still find 250cp over priced.  However, with the advent of the Nerfening, she can make a decent defensive team when paired with Okoye in the similar vein back when she and OML were a top defensive team.
  • maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    Quebbster said:
    What's your Jubilee at? Personally I would probably wait until she dropped a Purple cover - with the saved cover feature you don't need to worry about covers of other colors expiring anyway.
    As per this post https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/73462/update-to-jubilee-classic-s-champion-rewards-6-19-18, Jubilee will give a purple cover for Jean Grey (Phoenix) at level 300, if it's not already been mentioned.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Depends on how bad you want her.  if you want her ASAP that's certainly the quickest route.  If you don't plan to user her a lot it's probably smarter to pass on it.  Cover waste will be non-existent on Wednesday.  You'll get her eventually.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just level up your current Jean. Literally this pve is the only reason to have her at high levels. She's worthless in PvP barring an unlikely rebalance.

Now if it were HP to buy her, then that's a different case, but 250 CP goes way further than one cover for an obselete five. Put in another context, if this were banner would you even consider buying the cover?
  • spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    And even in this current PvE, having her at one cover with the right characters in the two and three slots, isn't that big of a deal to getting clears. I got seven clears with a one Green cover Jean Grey on the two-day node of the event, with a champed 3-star boosted Thor/ champed 4-star boosted America Chavez and then champed 3-star boosted Beast/America Chavez in the first wave. Today I knocked down the first two clears with Beast/America Chavez, but am looking at Vulture/Chavez for any future attempts, because of the Hitman. 
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Only set back to the above is the royal family node. Having a champed Jean saved my butt on that one since she tanked over gladiThor.