Loaner nodes: Ideas and thoughts to update this node

The rockett
The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
i know I brought this up before, but somebody told me their idea.  

As we know this node makes us use a 2/3/4* that is the essential.  Most events this is a slow slow node.  Just takes a long time and almost irrelevant now.  Here are some ideas. 

-Make this a 1 time locking node. 

-Update this from using the 2/3/4* essential and using 3/4/5* essential.  This would be a massive and great change to show off the 5* and not a 2*.

Anybody else have some ideas?  Just feel like this node needs to be looked at and updated.   

Comments

• The rockett
    edited July 2018
    This is true for SL1-6 but my thought is if D3/Demi wants to promote their 5* wouldn’t this be a good way?  Remember when we used to get the one node/event during the season that would promote the new characters?  I remember the 5* being apart of this.  That’s kinda of my thought process with it.  
  • Ron30
    Ron30 Posts: 22 Just Dropped In
    I like this idea. The loaner node seems tedious, and outside of that and the 2* essential (and DDQ) my 2* aren't used. In the interest of reducing repetitive and tedious gameplay, one of the reasons cited by long term players retiring, allowing us a quicker team and/or making it non-repeatable would be a step in the right direction.

• jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    one time locking node sounds good to me. play it, open up the sub, then it's done.
  • Bubba3210
    Bubba3210 Posts: 246 Tile Toppler
    I remember using silver surfer in one of these a long time ago. I was firmly in 2* land and his abilities amazed me. That’s when I got seriously into this game - I wanted one of him for myself. I don’t see the harm of test driving a 5*. It was great motivation for me.
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    It should be repeatable (not necessarily for points), so that if you don't have the character, you can play around with them.
  • BigSoftieFF
    BigSoftieFF Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    edited July 2018
    i know I brought this up before, but somebody told me their idea.  

As we know this node makes us use a 2/3/4* that is the essential.  Most events this is a slow slow node.  Just takes a long time and almost irrelevant now.  Here are some ideas. 

-Make this a 1 time locking node. 

-Update this from using the 2/3/4* essential and using 3/4/5* essential.  This would be a massive and great change to show off the 5* and not a 2*.

Anybody else have some ideas?  Just feel like this node needs to be looked at and updated.   
    I really like this idea. Not too particular on how many required clears it takes but shifting the essentials sounds ace!
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    I find it strange that a lot of players say they want D3 to give them reasons to use more of their roster, but also say they want to nix/limit the loaner nodes and be able to sim the easy nodes in DDQ. 

I for one would love both those changes, but I also have tons of variety and play a **** ton of characters on my roster. 
  • The rockett
    I find it strange that a lot of players say they want D3 to give them reasons to use more of their roster, but also say they want to nix/limit the loaner nodes and be able to sim the easy nodes in DDQ. 

I for one would love both those changes, but I also have tons of variety and play a tinykitty ton of characters on my roster. 
    Yes use more of our rosters but I think we most players say that, they don’t really mean the 2*.  I am at day 1517 and I think I have played with the 2* more than enough.  Lol. 
  • y4747
    y4747 Posts: 163 Tile Toppler
    i love the 3/4/5 idea. we get to use our 2* all the time in ddq, if nothing else. i also fondly remember the surfer node :)
    have the loaners at max champ for the 3*, max for the 4*, and 255 for the 5*. that way it's 266/270/255 unboosted, and though the 5* will definitely tank its colors, the others should tank the ones it doesn't have.

i also like the growth-industry style idea - have only the first clear be worth points. want to play around on your schedule with the toons you don't have, without losing out on placement? go right ahead.