Hello D3 Go! Forum Users -

If you are still having trouble updating your birth date on your forum profile, then please follow the steps listed in the below discussion thread.

Please copy and paste this URL for details --> https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/72653/new-forum-terms-of-service-steps-to-update-profile

It is very important that all users complete this process, otherwise they will unfortunately be unable to actively participate in the forum on their current account.

Thank you!

Character Re-balancing: Over-Priced Powers

2»

Comments

• jym010jym010 Posts: 93 Match Maker
    They need to do away with any power that when you launch it, it automatically reverts back to the other team.  I am thinking Squirrel girl yellow and whatever Hood power it is(don't play him that much).  I never use Squirrel Girl yellow because the defense tiles, while nice, don't allow me to make any matches. once launched.
  • MalcrofMalcrof GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 5,781 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 13
    DAZ0273 said:
    Hasn't this thread been Necro'ed and so should be insta-closed?

I don't think I can keep up with this forums "rules" these days...
    Looks like it was, and the necro poster deleted their post, will look into it. 

edit: After reviewing forum rules, as long as the thread is valid, it can stay alive!
  • ThaRoadWarriorThaRoadWarrior Posts: 2,044 Chairperson of the Boards
    jym010 said:
    They need to do away with any power that when you launch it, it automatically reverts back to the other team.  I am thinking Squirrel girl yellow and whatever Hood power it is(don't play him that much).  I never use Squirrel Girl yellow because the defense tiles, while nice, don't allow me to make any matches. once launched.
    Powers that do that are *generally* pretty strong for the tier at the time of launch. those defense tiles SG makes for instance are pretty beefy, and Hood does quite a bit of damage for a 3* when he does Twin Pistols. Similarly, OML makes some mega-strikes when you do his black (pre-yellow threshold). I'm not sure the one Sentry has is worth it, maybe it was before his nerf? I don't remember those days, I just hear how he used to be god-mode all the time.

There are some niche use cases for powers that hand the turn over - one I can think of offhand is trying to ensure Deadliest Woman goes the way you want it to after you fill all the purple tiles with friendly specials (rather than making a match yourself, then an opponent match. works extra well if you have them stun-locked). Another one might be setting up a match-5 the enemy can't resist, and having Teen Jean ready to go; or at a smaller scale doing the same for Mockingbird or Loki on a match 4. I admit some of those are pretty thin reasons to do it
2»