System Reboot, last time was October 2017

The rockett
The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
edited July 2018 in MPQ General Discussion
As the title says, the last time System Reboot was used was October 2017. So minus the Gambit “nerf” buff then the true nerf, this is the last time we had a Character rebalanced.  We are almost 10 months since this has happened.  While supports were said to be the reason, they came out in April, i cannot believe that nobody could work on a single rebalance (minus Gambit) in 10 months.  

Thnak to @bluewolf for this info. 

Comments

• spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    Wait. I thought they rebalanced Kingpin and Nick Fury. Has that been over 10 months ago already?
  • 0_efx_0
    0_efx_0 Posts: 236 Tile Toppler
    Agreed, I would love to see some more rebalances.
  • The rockett
    Wait. I thought they rebalanced Kingpin and Nick Fury. Has that been over 10 months ago already?
    Yep.  That’s the point.  10 months....insane. 
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,221 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ugh, thanks for the info.  Why do we need buffs when we have supports  :disappointed:

Sounds like we're adding system reboot/buffs to the growing list that includes: heroics, 7days, gauntlet.... Ugh....
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    On the one hand, I agree, it's a bummer to see the event gone.

On the other, it's kinda like pointing out that we haven't thrown a birthday party when nobody's had a birthday recently in the first place.

Of course we haven't had a System Reboot recently, it's the "Character Update Event", and I'm pretty sure they aren't going to run the event without the associated update.

This thread feels a little like putting the cart in front of the horse, because the focus should be on the lack of character updates. Once those start happening again, System Reboot should flow right behind in its wake.

(also, I don't think it has anything to do with Supports, it's more likely they were putting updates on hold while they figured out Gambit, especially with the little comments they've made in passing about other 5's, and blaming it on Supports sounds like a cynical forum speculation, not something that's accurate)
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    They also had one for Psylocke and someone else I forgot.
  • The rockett
    edited July 2018
    I really don’t care about the event but it was easier to search the forums using this as a base line to find the last rebalance.  @JHawkInc
    They could run this again or never again. Don’t care.  The point of the matter remains.  

No character rebalanaces or updates in 10 months. 

*minus Gambit 

• The rockett
    edited July 2018

Ugh, thanks for the info.  Why do we need buffs when we have supports  :disappointed:

Sounds like we're adding system reboot/buffs to the growing list that includes: heroics, 7days, gauntlet.... Ugh....
    @Waddles_Pines for Gaunlet, by searching the forums today, it was February 2017......  Yep. 18 months very soon since it was last ran. 
  • spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    Shintok17 said:
    They also had one for Psylocke and someone else I forgot.
    Psylocke was rebalanced at the same time as Nick Fury. I sold both of them because the ISO/Hero Points payoff was so good and I had some 4 stars to champ who could use the ISO and another roster slot didn't hurt.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2018

(also, I don't think it has anything to do with Supports, it's more likely they were putting updates on hold while they figured out Gambit, especially with the little comments they've made in passing about other 5's, and blaming it on Supports sounds like a cynical forum speculation, not something that's accurate)
    This is the biggest reason for no new 5* rebalancing.  Now that Gambit is nerfed the devs can observe where the Meta goes, who looks over powered and who looks under powered.  I think they could rebalance a couple like Bnner, Ock, BSSM, nd increase match damage on some older 5* now.  I think from the 5* who came after Gambit they want to see how hey fit now before buffing them.  GR, Lumbercap, Wasp probably all need buffs but by how much will be watched by the devs as the players develope the meta.
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    wymtime said:

This is the biggest reason for no new 5* rebalancing.  Now that Gambit is nerfed the devs can observe where the Meta goes, who looks over powered and who looks under powered.  I think they could rebalance a couple like Bnner, Ock, BSSM, nd increase match damage on some older 5* now.  I think from the 5* who came after Gambit they want to see how hey fit now before buffing them.  GR, Lumbercap, Wasp probably all need buffs but by how much will be watched by the devs as the players develope the meta.
    What meta? It's the same characters as before just without Gambit. The strongest are clearly known.
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,203 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2018
    Devs are too busy making supports to care about rebalances. Hate to be negative about it, but I don't think they make any money off rebalances. They make money off supports, new characters and a healthy supply of dilution.

I mean we can't even get feeders for every 5 star only certain ones cause they don't wanna give away too many free covers. Thus why we haven't seen the 3 stars better align with their 4star counterparts. 
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    I hate the "What makes them money?" argument.
    Like it's completely impossible to be both consumer friendly *and* make money. Like it's a zero sum.

With dilution being what it is, ie them removing the 12 most recent 4*s from boosted odds, the odds of getting any 4* is equal. Therefore some of the weaker, less desirable ones are less of an enticing pull. Ergo pulling bad 4*s feels bad.

If they're all good, or at least useful, your player base doesn't feel bad about pulling one. Win win.
  • jtmagee
    jtmagee Posts: 158 Tile Toppler
    I’m still waiting on Gauntlet to return...
  • The rockett
    jtmagee said:
    I’m still waiting on Gauntlet to return...
    February 2017 last run.  18 months.  
  • jtmagee
    jtmagee Posts: 158 Tile Toppler
    Damn. No bueno. 
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    I think the premise is wrong. They didn't stop rebalances because they were focused on other things, they stopped doing rebalances. They just didn't announce it.
    I hope they start doing them again, especially since we've had some pretty good ideas in a bunch of threads recently. But for the most part, 4*s are pretty fine and 3*s are not really worth the time. And we probably wouldn't have system reboot for 5*s. Kinda lame to introduce a great event and we only got to use it a couple times.