The Hunt and 3* Hulk

qandols
qandols Posts: 1,173 Chairperson of the Boards
How do you play him in his essentials? Do you even care? I just use JJ and Valkyrie and ignore him.

Comments

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,735 Chairperson of the Boards
    His best utility is tanking and spamming green with Anger. But it’s hard to pull off the requirements of him both having high enough match damage to tank while having a low enough damage threshold to trigger Anger.
  • qandols
    Exactly, it's too bothersome to figure out his anger mechanics. You would have to have him in front all the time. Which means that he must tank for his team-mates and that takes lots of thought to pull off. Anyway I just champed him a second time this event, har har.
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Like any essential, he uses his healthpool to survive the required number of Court Deaths. His high healthpool makes him one of the better Essentials.
  • qandols
    Like a giant green meat shield, I know. One would just like to be able to play him as intended. Maybe the devs will have mercy with him some day?  :*
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    qandols said:
    Like a giant green meat shield, I know. One would just like to be able to play him as intended. Maybe the devs will have mercy with him some day?  :*
    You can play him as intended. If you're still a 3star player. Anything above that and he no longer tanks and can't fulfill his design. See also 3star Captain Marvel and others.
  • Jarvis_Jackrabbit
    Jarvis_Jackrabbit Posts: 78 Match Maker
    edited July 2018
    In pre-5* land, his only use for me is as a Grockamoradusa killer.

I'm ignoring him in his req'd nodes.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    My max-champed Hulk is eating Ares' green and yellow attacks and still not triggering Anger. Hulk is so broken, just ignore him.
  • UNC_Samurai
    UNC_Samurai Posts: 402 Mover and Shaker
    At SCL9, even a 266 Hulk is just not worth trying to engineer around.  I run my battlewagons and give Moonstone the Clap if I get enough green.
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 984 Critical Contributor
    With Anger broken, if you actually WANT (heaven forbid, NEED) to actually use Hulk, one decent option is to have Nightcrawler use his Bamf to bring a bunch of green. 
  • Raud
    Raud Posts: 74 Match Maker
    With boosted America he is useful like 4* IW Spider or Bagman  :)
    But 2* Widow is sneaky sweat stealer  >:)
  • justsing
    justsing Posts: 507 Critical Contributor
    Dormammu said:
    My max-champed Hulk is eating Ares' green and yellow attacks and still not triggering Anger. Hulk is so broken, just ignore him.
    He's one 3* I don't regret selling at max champ lol
  • Rod5
    Rod5 Posts: 587 Critical Contributor
    justsing said:
    Dormammu said:
    He's one 3* I don't regret selling at max champ lol
    Ditto, mine isn’t even champed for this one and I couldn’t care less. Even sub-166 he has enough health boosted to absorb all the Thanos beatings he needs to.

His powers are garbage even for the 3* tier, unless you’re doing some sort of crazy winfinite.