How Good is Chavez?

ROTBI
ROTBI Posts: 54 Match Maker
Good enough that my base-level 70 (4/0/3) was victorious against Loki in Crash of the Titans.  Not 1 iso invested in her.

Comments

• Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well, you were fighting Loki. He's not exactly a bastion of offense, or defense for that matter.
  • tph_james
    tph_james Posts: 197 Tile Toppler
    She's so good that everybody glows with her around... 
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,221 Chairperson of the Boards
    So good that you see stars whenever she makes a match  :)

Would have been a fun match if Mockingbird was the opponent instead of Loki
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2018
    Also, you're missing the power that Loki is specifically there to counter, so you didn't have any particular temptation to go for the match-4s and greater that would trigger Mischief.

But yes, she is very, very good.
  • tph_james
    tph_james Posts: 197 Tile Toppler
    edited July 2018
    So good that pairing her with 5*Champs, I downed a 30k+ enemy effortlessly in one turn.... 

**Removed inappropriate content - Ducky
  • DanielleL
    DanielleL Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
    Also, you're missing the power that Loki is specifically there to counter, so you didn't have any particular temptation to go for the match-4s and greater that would trigger Mischief.

But yes, she is very, very good.
    Unfortunately for me, the power that Loki counters is the only power of hers I have, lol.

I had the same problem with trying the crash with my 4* Deadpool who's only power was the one affected by his teammates which he didn't have thus making it useless. Hopefully next crash I try where I only have one cover I'll actually have a useful power, lol.
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,221 Chairperson of the Boards
    Can any of y'all think of any other character specific effects like the following:

- 3* Deadpool red slash on the event after his red is fired
    - America, stars when she makes a match
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Can any of y'all think of any other character specific effects like the following:

3* Deadpool and Mockingbird both have (randomly selected?) alternate character outfits in the pre-battle screen.
  • TPF Alexis
    PuceMoose said:

3* Deadpool and Mockingbird both have (randomly selected?) alternate character outfits in the pre-battle screen.
    IIRC, Ant-Man has a couple of different possible appearances in that screen, and I think 4Pool does as well. I feel like there are one or two others, but they're not coming to mind right now.
  • ROTBI
    ROTBI Posts: 54 Match Maker
    4 star Venom, as well
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    Chavez works overtime when boosted.
    im not sure why she is not considered top tier, she is breezing through scl9.
    i got the 5 node twice with her, hood and a 3 cover strange. 
  • Trilateralus
    Trilateralus Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    ammenell said:
    Chavez works overtime when boosted.
    im not sure why she is not considered top tier, she is breezing through scl9.
    i got the 5 node twice with her, hood and a 3 cover strange. 
    I was under the impression she is considered top tier. 
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    As a stand alone she really is Mid pack.  In 5* land, she is IM40 on steroids. She is amazing with thor and Okoye in pve. Those crit tiles with 5* match damage is really awesome.  
  • Raud
    Raud Posts: 74 Match Maker
    She is a Queen  <3
    America+ME Hulk+JJ=autopilot  :)
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    As a stand alone she really is Mid pack.  In 5* land, she is IM40 on steroids. She is amazing with thor and Okoye in pve. Those crit tiles with 5* match damage is really awesome.  
    She’s still top tier in 4* land as well. Not THE best like she is in 5* land. But easily top 10. Boosted her clear times are out of this world, especially if you give her a +1 to all AP to get her going early. I was melting enemies- not really sure how or what was happening. With animations off its just crits and traps and melting AP bars and death.  Next match...
  • TPF Alexis
    She’s still top tier in 4* land as well. Not THE best like she is in 5* land. But easily top 10. Boosted her clear times are out of this world, especially if you give her a +1 to all AP to get her going early. I was melting enemies- not really sure how or what was happening. With animations off its just crits and traps and melting AP bars and death.  Next match...
    Even with animations on, you take your eye off the screen for a second, and suddenly you're on the next wave. It's kind of like Hawkeye/Coulson matches. You hit a point where you don't even really know what's going on, but at the end of it, the whole other team is down.
  • abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    Even with animations on, you take your eye off the screen for a second, and suddenly you're on the next wave. It's kind of like Hawkeye/Coulson matches. You hit a point where you don't even really know what's going on, but at the end of it, the whole other team is down.
    Hawkeye/Coulson is the fastest team out there... if you are measuring the game in "rounds".  If you are measuring it in "actual time taken", well, let's just say I've put Ramen noodles in the microwave at the start of my turn, and they were done and cool enough to eat before all the tiles had resolved and I could move.

Pre-Nerfening, Gambit/Hawkeye/Coulson was my go-to team.  I have a few screenshots on my phone of times where every tile on the board was either a team-up or a friendly special (countdown, strike, attack, charged)
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,102 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've been using her in Emma's PvP and half the time she downs the other team before I even need to fire powers but you have the safety net of all that AP sitting there if you need to finish them off.