4* DDQ: Battle of the Match-4s: Miss America vs Mr Mischief

BlackBoltRocks
BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,159 Chairperson of the Boards
First off, apologies to @Steel_Colt

Lol Loki is like the perfect opponent against America. Anyway, lv282 3/5/5 America match-damaged Tom Hiddleston the whole way (with a couple of crit tiles thrown in).

LT to the hoard

Comments

• Steel_Colt
    Steel_Colt Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker

Lol Loki is like the perfect opponent against America. Anyway, lv282 3/5/5 America match-damaged Tom Hiddleston the whole way (with a couple of crit tiles thrown in).

LT to the hoard
    No problem buddy. I'll think of a fancy title later this week and then you can at least edit the title. ;) That way it's still a little mine. Still on vacation and no time to get on here and make the thread myself. Will also update with my experience against Loki. ;)
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ha ha, haven't played it yet but Loki is a pretty good opponent. At least they didn't use Mockingbird.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    I wanted to get through this one quick, so I boosted all AP +2, R/Y +2 & B/P +2 for my Lv270 5/3/5 Chavez.  It ended...quickly.  After winning she still had ~15,150 of 15,642 health.  The LT gave a red Nova, bringing him to Lv280.

Now that we've seen Loki as a Clash opponent, they need to put him against Coulson, as well.   ...or make a perk of the Destroyer Gun support be that he fights Loki in the Crash :)
  • MrKasady
    MrKasady Posts: 74 Match Maker
    Well that was easy. 4/3/4 lvl 115 America with no boost took down Loki and had almost half of the total 6783 health left.

I think Loki is a great opponent. It turns this into an actually puzzle game instead of a race for who can fire their powers first and the most often. Dare I say, the most casual crash ever?

LT was a champ level for Peggy
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well, that was easy.

After the last couple of crashes it's nice to have a cakewalk. The last one wasn't awful (XFW vs. Cyclops) but the one before (Kingpin  :/ ) vs. Cage was super annoying and took my under-leveled Kingpin too many tries.

Loki is a sound opponent against Chavez in theory, as match-4s are what will accelerate her the fastest, but of course Loki will punish you for match-4s. In practice however, it didn't matter. I still made match-4s and Loki's countdown theft simply couldn't keep up. Loki is a decent support character, but 1-on-1 there probably isn't a bigger creampuff in the game this side of Yelena/Bagman.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Punching everyone worked just fine. Token to the hoard.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards
    That power would make more sense if she actually did punch people instead of kicking/running headbutt charge thingy.
  • Persephone
    Persephone Posts: 201 Tile Toppler
    My America Chavez is under-covered (1/4/1).  I lost first try.  No surprise there.  
    I read this thread and decided to try again.  I made as many match-4 or greater as possible.   I also favored matching purple.  Thanks for the tips.  
    I won.  I was so surprised.  She even had over 100 health left.  
    LT gave me Sandman.  I don't have him, yet.  That's helpful since I'm still trying to roster all the fours.  
  • Sim Mayor
    Sim Mayor Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    My 4/4/5 lvl 272 America beat him in 3 moves. 2 match-4s got me all the AP I could possibly want before any of his CD tiles went off, and then a crit cascade finished him off.

Token got me a 5*! (yay!)
    It was LumberCap. (yay?)
    It was my 6th cover for his purple. (...)
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    My 2/0/0 level 84 Chavez punched Loki back to Asgard on the third try. I went in with all match damage boost. LT to the hoard!
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards

LT to the hoard
    No problem buddy. I'll think of a fancy title later this week and then you can at least edit the title. ;) That way it's still a little mine. Still on vacation and no time to get on here and make the thread myself. Will also update with my experience against Loki. ;)
    Loki No! America YES!

I did alright but Illusions cascades kept me from spawning crits in the second half of the match.

LT was a bittersweet Okoye... I look forward to using her as intended some day, but with her currently at 0/4/6, it is still in the distant future.
  • Voldemort93
    Voldemort93 Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    Defeated Loki with a Lvl 74 Chavez on my third attempt. Used R/G damage boost, AP in all colours and  Critical tile bonus.

*mic drop*
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    271 5/3/5 America Chavez thrashed him in epic style.

On my third turn I got an epic Cascade which gave me traps on 4 different colors as well as more appropriate than him in every color. Won the next turn. I think this might be the fastest I've ever won a Crash.

LT gave me Rogue, taking her to 291 and overtaking Carol as my highest level 4*  o:)
  • Steel_Colt
    edited July 2018
    Did it first try, no problem. Even threw caution into the wind and went after 4matches like a fully automated AI would. Critical tiles all over the board sent Loki back to Asgard no problem.
    Title suggestion:
    4* DDQ: Battle of the Hoards: Miss America vs Mister E.
    A bit cryptic, but with Loki's schemes and tricks he's always an enigma, am I right?

Special credit to @BlackBoltRocks for stepping in when I didn't have the time and for the inspiration for this edition's title.
  • DanielleL
    DanielleL Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
    edited July 2018
    BlackBoltRocks said:
    @Steel_Colt I was thinking of “Battle of the Match-4s: Miss America vs Mr Mischief”. That work for you?
    I'm not who you were asking but I think it sounds good.

My America Chavez is at 0/1/0. Her only power requires 4-matches. I haven't been able to get the traps in three colors to do the damage from it so Loki has actually been benefiting more from me trying to use my power than I have. I think I might actually need to avoid 4-matches.

So even though Loki isn't the most difficult opponent, between only being able to do match damage, not being able to use my power, any 4+-match helping Loki, and the health difference I've been getting my butt kicked.

Edit: I just got the name dropper badge for this post. Which is amusing since I didn't actually name drop, I just quoted one, lol.
  • BigSoftieFF
    BigSoftieFF Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    Easiest LL token ever. Nuff said 😁
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Easiest Crash I can remember. I wasn't really thinking that much, so I grabbed a couple of full-spectrum AP boosts going in (habit with Chavez for critical fights), and I think it only lasted three Turns. As others have said, Loki is theoretically good here, but he falls down as soon as Chavez even looks at him funny. Might be a challenge if they boosted him up even further.

DAZ0273 said:
    That power would make more sense if she actually did punch people instead of kicking/running headbutt charge thingy.
    The kicking is Ticket to the Multiverse, and the charge is Fear Not, Mi Gente! Punch Everyone boosts her match damage, which, according to D3adpool's red, is punching people ;)
  • Steel_Colt
    @Steel_Colt I was thinking of “Battle of the Match-4s: Miss America vs Mr Mischief”. That work for you?
    I can live with that. ;)
  • Ares76
    Ares76 Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    Easy victory for my 5/3/5 lvl. 279 Chavez. Just matching anything till Loki couldn't take it anymore. You could actually beat this crash without looking on the display, anything brings you nearer to victory. LT to the hoard. 
  • Steel_Colt
    @BlackBoltRocks How's that title change coming along buddy? ;)