5 Star Gambit sold. Thank you for making this an equitable sell.

whitecat31
whitecat31 Posts: 579 Critical Contributor

Yes Gambit, was knocked down to, 'only use for the essential PVE low mid tier' level by a huge over nerf.

I still was not going to sell him, because I was expecting the usual insulting punch in the face for a sell back, like every other beat down nerf sell back they have ever had.

To my surprise and delight he was sellable for a 1 for 1 cover investment level.   Now granted what I got back out of the randomness was not super useful, but it was much more useful than a level 471 paper weight that was now Gambit.

Thank you 

Comments

• 0_efx_0
    0_efx_0 Posts: 236 Tile Toppler
    Really? I have him at 6 covers and they’re only offering me 1 token? Haha
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,182 Chairperson of the Boards
    @0_efx_0

"Players will get one(1) cover back for each cover they invested in him. For a pre-Championed Gambit, you will get a cover based on levels. You receive additional covers at 275, 287, 303, 319, 331, 347, 363, 375, 391, 407, 423, 439. You receive a cover back for each Champion level you apply to Gambit. "
  • maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    0_efx_0 said:
    Really? I have him at 6 covers and they’re only offering me 1 token? Haha
    Same
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    1 for 1 on a chosen character is equitable. 1 for 1 divided over 20+ characters, most of which are stinkers.. not so much.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Daiches said:
    1 for 1 on a chosen character is equitable. 1 for 1 divided over 20+ characters, most of which are stinkers.. not so much.

This. I could sell my Gambit and get 23 other fivestar covers... that's one for each fivestar character in the game save Doc Ock, Gambit and I suppose one unlucky other fivestar. That's not enough to make a difference, and Gambit is coming up as a PvE essential character later this month. I am keeping mine.
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    You have to Level him up to what those covers provide for you. If you don't level him up, no matter how many covers you applied you will only get 1 Token as a sell back.
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 786 Critical Contributor
    I got some useful stuff for my 13 covers but also got 1 hulk, 2 doc ocs and a couple of unusable covers 
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    I got some useful stuff for my 13 covers but also got 1 hulk, 2 doc ocs and a couple of unusable covers 
    Doc ock was not supposed to be in the tokens.
  • evade420
    evade420 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    edited July 2018
    Doc ock was not in those marvel legends tokens
  • 0_efx_0
    Dock Ok was nothdhseniqnagwjebsjwjsbshdkwn...
  • Steel_Colt
    Steel_Colt Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker
    0_efx_0 said:
    Are you having a stroke? Do we need to call a doctor?
  • 0_efx_0
    0_efx_0 said:
    Are you having a stroke? Do we need to call a doctor?
    Sorry I sneezed...
  • Rod5
    Rod5 Posts: 587 Critical Contributor
    I call ****
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,299 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2018
    He is still useful if you concentrate on his purple as a main damage power.  Since he is my only champed 5*, I have had some success pairing him with 4* Marvel and Coulson for PvP.  Marvel feeds purple to him while all of these characters countdown tiles provide significant synergy to each other.  

In PvE, the main game mode I play, his utility has decreased significantly but he is still helpful, just pair him with characters that will boost his purple AP as it is a fairly devastating damage dealer now, even though it lost its countdown tile overwrite ability.  The biggest issue I have found is that along with the stated nerf above, his AP destruction feature really helped negate goons and now he is really no better against goons than any other character.