Special 5* Stores

Rockwell75
Rockwell75 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
Those special 5* stores where there are two classics available with a newer 5-- does this happen with every 5* release?  I'm hoping to save some CP and capitalize on one of these to finish of my Thor who is tantalizingly at 10 covers.  So, 1) when is the next 5 release likely to be?  2) Has Thor been included in one of these stores yet? and/or is he likely to be at all in the future?

Comments

• Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    It happens with every 5* release. Save up your CP for it. That's what I do.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Next 5 stat release and store should be 8/9
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    We typically (but not always) have characters released in an order of 5*/4*/4*. If that holds, the next 5* release store will be in 15 days.

I started saving a CP reserve earlier this week for that reason myself.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,581 Chairperson of the Boards

Yes, every new 5* release they release an event LT token store with the new 5* and two others.  Usually they're out of classics, but there are two exceptions - 5* BP was still in the Latest when they released Peter Parker Spider Man, and they put Okoye and JJ with Wasp, both of whom were still in.

I don't think Thor has been in any of these yet, so it's a decent chance he will be.  They very occasionally give us a shot at 3 different 5*s in a pack too (e.g. "Family Legends" which was Black Bolt, Black Panther, and Phoenix.)  It's a good plan, though if you hit a run of bad luck it will be awful.  I did with the JJ release - I blew all my CP on like 50 pulls and got 2 5*s... neither of which were the Green Goblin covers I wanted.  That's the way it goes sometimes...

• Rockwell75
    Rockwell75 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    I blew all my CP on like 50 pulls and got 2 5*s... neither of which were the Green Goblin covers I wanted.  That's the way it goes sometimes...
    Yikes...sorry to hear that.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,581 Chairperson of the Boards
    I blew all my CP on like 50 pulls and got 2 5*s... neither of which were the Green Goblin covers I wanted.  That's the way it goes sometimes...
    Yikes...sorry to hear that.

Yeah, I was livid at the time, but the RNG is random. :/  My overall 5* draw rate is pretty normal
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    GrimSkald said:

Yes, every new 5* release they release an event LT token store with the new 5* and two others.  Usually they're out of classics, but there are two exceptions - 5* BP was still in the Latest when they released Peter Parker Spider Man, and they put Okoye and JJ with Wasp, both of whom were still in.

I don't think Thor has been in any of these yet, so it's a decent chance he will be.  They very occasionally give us a shot at 3 different 5*s in a pack too (e.g. "Family Legends" which was Black Bolt, Black Panther, and Phoenix.)  It's a good plan, though if you hit a run of bad luck it will be awful.  I did with the JJ release - I blew all my CP on like 50 pulls and got 2 5*s... neither of which were the Green Goblin covers I wanted.  That's the way it goes sometimes...

Yeah, I went ham on the Gambit release when they did the Gambit/OML/Phoenix tokens that had the bugged 25% odds. Figured I'd get a Gambit on the cheap.

I got 10 Phoenix covers, 11 OML covers, and 2 Gambits.