the unpopular opinion thread

jredd
jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
playing pvp these past few days, and on the precipice of the gambit nerf, i propose to the forum that gambit is not the worst offender when it comes to fouling up the pvp waters. that title should in fact go to boosted rogue. 

agree/disagree? add on with your own opinions that'll make someone angry.

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,101 Chairperson of the Boards
    I love boosted Rogue! Whilst she can be tricky, the damage she takes from her power syphon helps keep her in check.
  • Grizz875
    Grizz875 Posts: 18 Just Dropped In
    Nah gambit was already replaced as the worst offender. Thor has surpassed, and Okoye will be there by the time she rotates out of latest.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,391 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm not afraid of boosted rogue, you just need to know what to do about her. She only locks you out of accruing AP through matches, so a battery will still work, and there are plenty of good stunners to shut her down. G4mora can keep her buttoned up while you knock out her team mates which reduces her defense. Also attack tiles aren't affected by her damage reduction, so you can get a few of those going and they'll go to work while you do other stuff.
  • DAZ0273
    The AI will also suicide, especially if she is last character left.

If we are going for offenders in PvP that are just super annoying:

2* Level - Bullseye - spam those shields all match long. Spam, spam, spam, spam.
    3* Level - She Hulk - nothing more need be said
                  - Rocket & Groot - they WILL heal just before you kill them. Every single time.
    4* Level - America Chavez - once she gets going she is a nightmare, spamming criticals and dealing damage every round whilst you desperately flail about trying to kill her, knowing that if you fire powers it just means she will spam you even more. SPAM!
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Sounds like you just need a Kraven or Eddie Brock Venom in your lineup to handle 2* bullseye lol. Or 3* captain marvel.

I usually just bring people doing auto-damage in against AP bandits like She-Hulk. Like Medusa or similar. I think people generally under-value the non-strike special tiles (attack/defense), particularly now that there are so many characters that can buff them significantly.
  • DAZ0273
    It seems kind'a overkill to bring a 4* to a 2* fight, lol!
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Does it though? we're talking about Kraven now lol
  • DAZ0273
    True, he is uhm, "niche"...
  • DAZ0273
    I guess we could bring Emma...she has a repeater special tile destruction thing going on.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited July 2018
    Jokes aside, if you want to shut down a 4ocket team, you bring Kraven/Medusa in and you'll eat one match worth of damage and then the opponent is just....trying their best to get enough AP to do something
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    Grizz875 said:
    Nah gambit was already replaced as the worst offender. Thor has surpassed, and Okoye will be there by the time she rotates out of latest.
    I'd have to agree with this. I know nothing of Okoye's strength, but it admittedly feels more disrespectful to get dropped by a guy at half health who's just wreaking havoc, than a guy who just sits there passively fattening up on free AP. 
  • maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    I champed Kraven recently, and he is actually useful in certain situations, including, as mentioned above, against teams with 4* Rocket & Groot. I imagine he'd also be useful against Mindless Ones in the GOTG PvE.
  • evade420
    evade420 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    I champed Kraven recently, and he is actually useful in certain situations, including, as mentioned above, against teams with 4* Rocket & Groot. I imagine he'd also be useful against Mindless Ones in the GOTG PvE.
    Kraken and okoye destroy Ultron and his sentries , just murder them
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    It’s past due time we had 6*s!

Oh wait you just meant this one particular unpopular opinion. 

Yeah Rogue has been rough this event and I’ve been avoiding her.  But she’s not as OP as Gambit.  It’s challenging to beat Gambit without Gambit. Also he for a while was being used so much every match required him (though that dropped off largely due to people tired of him/choosing not to use him IMO)
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,791 Chairperson of the Boards
    Grizz875 said:
    With or without my own okoye, I’d fight teams with okoye all day long. She is like a wasted slot on defence. I have never been hit hard by her black power with that team on defence. You can also make sure they can never fire their TU ap because you can stop then holding any.

On offence in the players hands she’s a beast. On defence she’s a kitten. Isn’t that what we all wanted?
  • spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    evade420 said:

"Release the Kraven."
    Only if he is released from the Kra-Van. That's a support that's needed in this game.
  • Sim Mayor
    Sim Mayor Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    evade420 said:

I'm totally going to try this the next time I see sentries. I've had him mentally pigeonholed in the "useless characters" category for so long that it never even occurred to me that there's a niche he's literally built to fit into.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,157 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sim Mayor said:
    evade420 said:

I'm totally going to try this the next time I see sentries. I've had him mentally pigeonholed in the "useless characters" category for so long that it never even occurred to me that there's a niche he's literally built to fit into.
    Vs Boss Ultron, use America Chavez.  Ultron's row destruction doesn't generate AP, so you'll always have more than he does.
  • GuntherBlobel
    GuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
    Super unpopular opinion:
    Boosted Thing and Mr. F are the Rogue antidote.