Rogue taking damage around Spider-Woman's Seeking Redemption [Investigating]

Sim Mayor
Sim Mayor Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
The title says it all. I had Rogue and Spider-Woman on the same team, fired off Seeking Redemption (which says "While active, Spider-Woman intercepts targeted attacks, resisting blah blah..."), and when the enemy matched one of the colors named in "Leading the Charge," Rogue jumped in front to take the hit.

Both powers send their character to the front, which I understand causes interactions, but I wish there was a way to prioritize which character was gonna take the hit (like maybe the character with more covers in their power, or the character with the larger damage resistance).

Comments

• Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't think this is a bug. I'm guessing what happens is whoever's power 'triggers' most recently jumps in front and takes the damage. Then, anyone who has a permanent "this person is in front" power like Wiccan or Spider-Woman/Thanos with their CDs out jumps back in front.

In the long run it just means that these characters are a bit of a non-bo.

There's probably not a better way to decide how to do this since you wouldn't want it to behave the same way in each case.
  • Sim Mayor
    Sim Mayor Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    I don't think this is a bug. I'm guessing what happens is whoever's power 'triggers' most recently jumps in front and takes the damage. Then, anyone who has a permanent "this person is in front" power like Wiccan or Spider-Woman/Thanos with their CDs out jumps back in front.

In the long run it just means that these characters are a bit of a non-bo.

There's probably not a better way to decide how to do this since you wouldn't want it to behave the same way in each case.
    I think "non-bo" may be my favorite thing to come out of this whole issue  :D
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    I seem to remember something from one of the devs saying that whoever had the most health of the possible options would end up jumping in front.

I do sometime want to try a team using only some combination of Thanos, Rogue, Colossus, Spider-Woman, D3adpool, and Wiccan (and there might be someone I'm forgetting), just to push this to the max. See if I can get two different characters at exactly the same health total and see how it tie-breaks then ;)
  • Jaedenkaal
    I seem to remember something from one of the devs saying that whoever had the most health of the possible options would end up jumping in front.

I do sometime want to try a team using only some combination of Thanos, Rogue, Colossus, Spider-Woman, D3adpool, and Wiccan (and there might be someone I'm forgetting), just to push this to the max. See if I can get two different characters at exactly the same health total and see how it tie-breaks then ;)
    My guess would be what I have observed; the character who's ability triggers most recently jumps to the front. Since both DP3 and Thing trigger at the same time, if their health was identical (good luck with that), I'd say they'd go with character order, and I'd guess that the one in the back would end up winning.
  • Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hi everyone. If you have two characters that both possess damage interception abilities, the one with more health will jump to the front provided the conditions have been met. We hope that helps clear up any confusion. 
  • Jaedenkaal
    Tombstone said:
    Hi everyone. If you have two characters that both possess damage interception abilities, the one with more health will jump to the front provided the conditions have been met. We hope that helps clear up any confusion. 
    Hi Tombstone, 

Is that true even if one of the characters with the interception ability is ALREADY in the front? Namely, to use the example above, with Spider-Woman (with Seeking Redemption out) in front and Rogue in the back, a R/Y/G enemy match would cause Rogue to jump to the front. Spider-Woman is already in front, so presumably she doesn't try to "jump" there again. Does this mean that Rogue will jump to the front every time, or only if she has more health than Spider-Woman?

Thanks.
  • Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    @Jaedenkaal

No, this doesn't appear to be how this should play out. We have passed this information along to the team for further investigation. We'll let you know if we receive any new information on this. Thank you.