Infinite Combo Jaya

Options
Discovered this today by accident, thought I would share.

Setup: Get Alhammerret's, Jaya's 3rd (maxed) and imminent doom out asap. Light fuse with Magmatic Insight. Profit. Took bolas from full to zero in a single turn.

Comments

• NinjaE
    NinjaE Posts: 213 Tile Toppler
    Options
    What's your decklist?
  • magusnebula
    magusnebula Posts: 18 Just Dropped In
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Don't mind the dragon fodder, I was just testing different spells.
  • Nyarlathotep
    Nyarlathotep Posts: 92 Match Maker
    Options
    There are different ways to trigger this, even infinite kill loops are possible.
  • csonic
    csonic Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Like it but FOUR CARDS seems like a big much to make a combo.
  • Nyarlathotep
    Nyarlathotep Posts: 92 Match Maker
    edited August 2018
    Options
    You can stack multiple loopy effects in this one deck for jaya, so that you have different ways to get the setup and all of them are compatible some even synergetic.
    If you use spells that do 'stuff' and draw a card, like magmatic insight, conflux, and rile you have three possible triggers. 

Setup for rile:
    To make this one work  you need a creature that can deal with the 1 possible damage from rile every loop, like adeliz for example. Thats one setup.

The setup for magmatic insight:
    In legacy you can use for example imminent doom or the firebrand archer. In standard we got guttersnipe lately. Just one of those is enough  

Last one is not much of a setup  to be honest. 
    If you are lucky and got conflux  this one work by itself, dealing 5 damage every cast. You can use either imminent doom, firebrand or guttersnipe to add damage for every cast. 

Now the basic card and how i try to set it up. 

I always try and get out also Alhammaret's Archive first. 
    In the time i need to get out either adeliz or guttersnipe, i try to match as many 4/5/6 matches of any color as possible, to get the max amount of loyalty every turn. 
    When either adeliz or guttersnipe are up, i can finally hit the ultimate. Now i only need to wait for a card drawn being a spell for the infinite loop to start.
    Does not matter which combo i go for, they all end every matchbi tested in 5 minutes or less and at a win ratio of about 85%, maybe a bit higher.
    I killed RotGP Bolas with it, storymode Ulamog played different legacy and standard pvp events. 

Sunbird Invocation can also help if you get one at the start of the match  Whenever you cast adeliz, you get a free guttersnipe/ magmatic insight / rile. 
    Thats another way to get the setup a tiny bit faster. 
    Here is my variation. It's not a pure spell setup and also has another mp in it as well as a mana generator. 

Guttersnipe 
    Adeliz 
    Ball Lightning 

Sunbirds 'Invocation 
    Alhammaret's Archive 
    Storm the Vault 

Conflux 
    Magmatic Insight 
    Rile 
    Exquisite Firecraft