Event End Times

Options
Any chance of getting the event end times reviewed?

I live in the UK and the last hunt event had 2 out of the 3 rounds ending at 5 AM. This meant that realistically 2 out of the 3 events I could, at best, get to rank 150... 100 if I was lucky. Normally I would consider myself to be within the top 50 of my bracket but when it comes to the big events I just accept that a top 150 rank is probably a decent finish.

I liked the way that the heroic mode rounds ended based on a total user score, this keeps it random as to when they end not just exclusively when I'm asleep! icon_e_sad.gif

Comments

• Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I posted a solution in suggestions -- Bracket events to end 24 X hours after entrance.
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I live on the west coast of the US and still totally agree with this. Even if the end times were perfect for me (they're not), it would only make sense and be fair to put ending times on some kind of rolling schedule (like each one 3 hrs later than the previous) so that every few ones is a great time for you, but maybe a bad time for others. Above suggestion of ending times based on starting times is generally a good suggestion, but then you might have to wait and not start until you're ready to set the perfect end time.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Good shout fair sir.

It was really annoying though. At one point I had 5 out of 6 possible events all ending at 5AM which was a pain in the ares... see what I did there!
  • nyark
    nyark Posts: 66 Match Maker
    Options
    The broken start to the Heroic event just highlighted how broken the endings are normally. As much as I complained about being dumped 8k behind the leaders at the beginning, I was able to get into the top 100 at the end playing an hour before the finish time.

My European friend however was on the good side of the broken start and was near the top of his bracket the whole event, but since he does not get up in the middle of the night to play he woke up today to find he dropped out of the top 150.

If someone had legitimately been able to build a big lead at the beginning and played steadily throughout that absolutely seems wrong to me that they could lose it all at the end because they are in the wrong time zone.
  • Vohnkar
    Vohnkar Posts: 158 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Im from Spain and I prefer the NA ending times, I prefer that events end at 6 am spanish time, than 18;00. I'm at work at the "European" time, so I prefer to go a litle late to bed and have a chance at place top 50, If the event ends at 18;00 I can't compete icon_razz.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    I agree with everything above. I live in scandinavia and the ending times are just too much. In pvp you can grind enough points and put a shield and sleep, so it isnt really so bad, but in pve the last hours mean just too much. So i have to wake up at 5am to play, or just drop out of all the good rewards, even if I would been in top ten all the event that lasts many days. There should be more vary in ending times than now.
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    I'd complain about everyone forgetting the rest of the world again but 2AM/2PM ending times aren't so bad even if I do wake up a little tired every so often icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Wolarsen
    Wolarsen Posts: 326 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I have thought os several possible solutions, depending on the amount of users and technical complexity:

- Set brackets depending on location
    - Let players choose certain finishing times
    - Rolling finishing times; instead of 12 hour difference, make it 3 or 4 hours

In any case, I see a problem in the events themselves, as playing during the very last hours is way too more important; this is, in fact, my main cause of insatisfaction from the game. This is specially true in the case of PvP, nothing you do before the last 24 hours (the 1st available shield) is relevant at all unless you chain-shield.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Wolarsen wrote:
    I have thought os several possible solutions, depending on the amount of users and technical complexity:

- Set brackets depending on location
    - Let players choose certain finishing times
    - Rolling finishing times; instead of 12 hour difference, make it 3 or 4 hours

In any case, I see a problem in the events themselves, as playing during the very last hours is way too more important; this is, in fact, my main cause of insatisfaction from the game. This is specially true in the case of PvP, nothing you do before the last 24 hours (the 1st available shield) is relevant at all unless you chain-shield.
    There is no way to implement the first 2 suggestions because of rubber banding. The brackets that end later would benefit from the high scores of the previous brackets and go even higher. Even if there is another solution, from what we have seen so far from recent changes, I don't think they would be able to balance everything out. The best and most painless solution is the last option. Instead of ending events 5:00 or 17:00 (GMT) all the time, introduce a rolling cycle of 4h or even 6h.
  • Unknown
    Options
    My stand on the matter is that the problem is not actually with the ending times, but the underlying problem of rubberbanding.

It should not be possible with any event that you can fall from 1st to Top 150 in the last 6 hours (happened to me in last Heroic, as I refuse to get up at 4-5 AM on a workday), after consistently farming for 5-10 days.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I started a thread about this last week and somebody on the forum said it would be too difficult to implement. It would be nice to get an official word on it but I guess the reason we haven't heard anything from the devs is that they simply aren't going to do it. I guess a lot of European players are going to decide it's not worth continuing with this game.