Please upgrade the five star Wasp. She is considered the worst five star in the game.

Options
whitecat31
whitecat31 Posts: 579 Critical Contributor
I had posted this somewhere else, but realize this is the proper place for it.
I want to talk about reworking 5 star Wasp. Instead of being quick and deadly like the four star version, she is slow and bad, and counter productive with her own abilities limiting what she can do.  @Megaturd made a suggestive post earlier about improving her. These are my suggestions based on playing her.
I have her champed and I only use her for match damage in the PVE because she is boosted. Otherwise, I feel she is bottom tier.  I don't like using her in PVP because there are plenty of non boosted 5 stars that are just better.  People have told me they ignore her and take her down last when they face my PVP teams, even though she is currently boosted. Think about that, for a bit. Even boosted nobody fears her. 

Wasp rework suggestions, let's up the utility and make her at least feared.

Blue Ability.  'Sting operation'.   Where is the sting, if it is named sting operation?   
Leave the cost at 6 blue.
Drop the horrible random mini AP steal, that appears to be overrated in somebodies metrics and make her useful, or keep it for all I care. 
Add a random stun 1 enemy for 1 turn for the first two blue covers.  At three blue covers have her target an an enemy and stun them for one turn.  At four blue covers have her stun a targeted enemy for two turns and a random enemy for one turn. At five blue covers have her stun the opposing team for 1 turn and a targeted enemy for two turns.  
Have her create a 1 turn countdown tile that produces 1 locked swarm tile for every  blue cover of her you have in the ability.  That way they don't get destroyed so easily.   The quick countdown tiles also limits her stun ability becoming a lock down ability and could encourage somebody to actually use "Call the Swarm" to be able to use the stun ability again.

Yellow Ability.  'Shrink tactics'. Lower the cost from 10 to 7 and allow her to cast it on herself if needed.  (Seriously guys, she can shrink to hide herself, it is like one of her big deals.)  If she is the last character that yellow ability is dead weight.  
Again, the excess call the swarm tiles prevent this from being a lock down ability. Fear of her casting invisibility on herself or others for 3 to 4 turns still might encourage others to actually respect her enough to target her first.

Black Ability. Pain Index. Lower the cost to 9 black and make this true healing. She is a five star and one of the founding members of the avengers give her some respect.

'Call the swarm'.   First off, when this passive is active,  please code it to have it show up on the tiles the actual damage ,so she will properly tank the color and people can see what her actual damage is with the various swarm tiles out.

That 12 cost is huge for 'Call the Swarm' for the minimal damage done.  Please do the damage calculations on this and you will find that this is less damage compared to the actual match damage she may be doing over time, with a decent amount of swarm tiles out.  
So please allow it to collect AP of the destroyed tiles, to make it worthwhile. If not that, you could possibly make it do team damage against the opposing team and/or double the damage done.  Remember, the defensive AI, will obviously cast this ability, when given the chance. 

Comments

• Megaturd
    Megaturd Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    Options
    @whitecat31 great comments regarding wasp and I hope they consider a massive rework so she is actually usable. I have used her in pvp with Thor to generate ap and her current power set is very cumbersome. However, I think these requests are a lost cause at this point and the developers what already moved on. I believe wasp was simply a troll toon for the community in response to all the complaining that occurred with Gambit.  

D3 has revealed through the revisions to the Gambit nerf that they actually conduct testing of the toons. Well I think D3 should be completely transparent in regards to the development and testing of 5* Wasp and release the data to the community showing her roster value. She is by far the laziest and worst developed toon they have ever released. I am truly gobsmacked with how bad she is. 
  • abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    edited July 2018
    Options
    ... She is a five star and one of the founding members of the avengers give her some respect...
    Wrong Wasp.  4* is Janet, who was a founder.  5* is Hope and didn't join the Avengers until years later.

Beyond that, everything you said is spot on.

• DanielleL
    DanielleL Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
    edited July 2018
    Options
    abmoraz said:
    5* is Hope and didn't join the Avengers until years later.
    I had to look this up because I thought Hope only existed in the movies where she's not an Avenger (yet?). The only comic Wasps I knew of were Janet and Nadia. I like that this game and forum sometimes teaches me stuff about Marvel in general, lol.