Another PvP suggestion

Options
abmoraz
abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
After doing the Blade PvP event, I was hot with the "skip button brings the same 6 people over and over" frustration.  This was because it was near the end of the event and everyone up near me was pretty much shielded, so between that and the MMR groupings, my pool of potential opponents was highly limited.

So I started thinking (It hurt, a lot :wink: ) "what if shielded people weren't removed from the potential pool of opponents?"

Now, that has been brought up before, and the answer was always "The scores would skyrocket at the top because the line users could just hit each other when shielded and fly up the rankings."  To which I say "yeah... you're right... but..." if we add in a second change I've seen thrown around, "You don't see the name, roster, or shielding status of your target until after the match has started" then that mitigates that argument.

To summarize: don't remove shielded players from the potential target pool coupled with only show the value and team of the potential target.

That way, players couldn't skip or queue up other players specifically to game the shielding system and there would be a lot larger pool of opponents to go against.

Just a random though.  I'm sure there's more drawbacks to it than I'm thinking of now and I guarantee that the people gaming the system on Line now will come in and threaten to quit.... so I look forward to those responses with ... well... I don't.  But anyone with addendums or comments or improvements or things I missed would be welcome.

/of course, this suggestion will probably be ignored in the order it was received, soooo... there is that.