Reclaim not getting cast after creature enters the battlefield [Investigating]

Options
Tilwin90
Tilwin90 Posts: 662 Critical Contributor
Yesterday I decided to break Magus of the Wheel in legacy with Karn, so naturally I found the Reclaim - Magus to be a match made in heaven. With that being said, I found an annoying bug related to Reclaim and I am not 100% sure what the cause is but I have a hunch.

Basically in a couple of matches, I had reclaim and magus into my hand (not very easy to give a reproduction path how I ended up with both of them in the hand since I also used Behold the Beyond so on occasions BTB would trigger a combo).
Naturally since I had no other creatures on the board, reclaim was not castable.
But then when I put magus on the board, reclaim became castable visually, but the game did not prompt me to cast it, but ended my turn instead.

There were other times when reclaim was castable and it worked just fine, hence why I suspect that magus was into my hand below reclaim. Hence this could lead to the game seeing "ok, I can't cast reclaim", then magus would be the next card into my hand so it would get cast, but then reclaim would not be reevaluated.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Yeah i noticed this with other things. In the past you would get the option to cast if the requirements were met during your turn without concern for the order of cards in your hand (of course cards that you dont selectively prompt 'no' to) , i.e.

No creatures on board
    Card 1 in hand requires creature on board
    Card 2 in hand is a creature. 

Card 1 is skipped then card 2 is cast but card 1 does not re-evaluate. 

I dont remember the cards but i have noticed it. 
  • DBJones
    DBJones Posts: 803 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Weird, quite a few cards do re-evaluate. I'm pretty sure I've seen Lethal Sting do that.
  • Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hi Everyone, I've reported this to the team for investigation. If you encounter this issue with any other cards and you can provide the details about the cards that were used, please let me know, and I'll pass the information along for further investigation.