Weird interplay with tokens in Phyrexia. [By Design]

Kinesia
Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
edited September 2018 in MtGPQ Bugs & Technical Issues
One fight has the AI summon many different types of tokens. It could generate knights and goblins.
Weirdly, when it had a stack of knights out and played the goblin war leader person that creates 2 tokens too they reinforced the existing knights (as if they had leader:goblin) rather than just make a new goblin stack.

Very confusing.

//Edited Title -Brigby

Comments

• Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    Take a close look at the abilities the next time it's around. It is literally what he does : he spawns (ally??) knight tokens and gives them leader : everything.
  • DBJones
    DBJones Posts: 803 Critical Contributor
    I think Kinesia is talking about a different fight, where the enemy's ability summons three different types of tokens.
  • Matthew
    Matthew Posts: 605 Critical Contributor
    That's the same fight though. The creature that is summoned by the ability has "Leader: Goblin, Knight, etc", which means that it's behaving as it should.

Unless I'm misunderstanding what OP is talking about...I might be. Care to elaborate please @Kinesia ?
  • Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hmmm... Since the event has passed I can't check, but you might be right. They externally looked like Dominaria Knights and I hadn't even considered they might be a new breed...

To conclude... I don't know! (A symbol for "leader" might help differentiate for things like this.)
  • DBJones
    DBJones Posts: 803 Critical Contributor
    I definitely remember a battle with the ability to summon a token (and reinforce it) then give it leader. I also remember a different battle that summons knight, goblin, and zombie(?) tokens, 1, 2, and 3 copies.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Hi Everyone. The team has reviewed this scenario, and have concluded that this behavior is by design.
  • ElfNeedsFood
    ElfNeedsFood Posts: 944 Critical Contributor
    This is where a token gallery would be fantastic...