Jean Grey in wave nodes

donpidgeon
donpidgeon Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
So in Civil War there was a wave node with Jean Grey in the first wave. When she was killed and replaced with 3 fresh new characters she still left her phoenix countdown tile.

Sadly (or thankfully depending on the outcome) Vulture removed that countdown tile for me.

What would happen if it had reached 0? Nothing? Replacing one of the other character? 4 characters on one side? Crash?

Comments

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    According to some reports in the Bugs forum, it brought someone else back sometimes.
  • tph_james
    tph_james Posts: 197 Tile Toppler
    So in Civil War there was a wave node with Jean Grey in the first wave. When she was killed and replaced with 3 fresh new characters she still left her phoenix countdown tile.

Sadly (or thankfully depending on the outcome) Vulture removed that countdown tile for me.

What would happen if it had reached 0? Nothing? Replacing one of the other character? 4 characters on one side? Crash?

Nothing happened. I let the countdown finished. 
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,157 Chairperson of the Boards
    I had to use Gambit in *all* of the nodes to overcome the crazy scaling, so her countdown tile always got overwritten by his Purple.
  • elko90
    elko90 Posts: 68 Match Maker
    Jarvind said:
    Your device bursts into flames and you become the new Phoenix IRL.
    Thanks for the morning laugh 🤣
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    I filed a report in the Bugs & Technical Issues forum for this issue. If one character on the second wave is downed when it expires, Phoenix's countdown tile will bring them back to life at half health. Not sure whether or not that character needs to occupy the same position in the lineup as Phoenix did, though.
  • Edelkin
    Edelkin Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    It happened to me and IIRC it resurrected Nick Fury in the next wave.  Kinda funny really.
  • Sim Mayor
    Sim Mayor Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    Edelkin said:
    It happened to me and IIRC it resurrected Nick Fury in the next wave.  Kinda funny really.
    I want Nick Fury to be the new Phoenix. "Let's see those [tinykitties] try to shoot down my helicarrier this time. JUST TRY IT!"
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Edelkin said:
    I still think that sounds like a spoiler for Avengers 4 ;)
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,157 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sim Mayor said:
    Edelkin said:
    I want Nick Fury to be the new Phoenix. "Let's see those [tinykitties] try to shoot down my helicarrier this time. JUST TRY IT!"

"Enough is Enough!  I'VE HAD IT with these tinykitty snakes on my tinykitty helicarrier!"