Wasp in Latest LTs

BlackBoltRocks
BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,182 Chairperson of the Boards
Mandatory notice. Latests LTs no longer have an Alias, but are now full of Hope.

How many of you will be holding on to your tokens, because Wasp sucks? Or will you continue pulling anyway, to cover BeardCap and/or Okoye?

Comments

• Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    HOARD!! (But pull when next 5 replaces Cap. Youndont want to skip on getting Okoye as high as possible)
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,221 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2018
    Hoard LL tokens, spend CP on classics.  Was trying to get JJ covers, but alas i'm stuck with a 6/2/7 Cap Beardy, so I'll wait until he rotates out... then RNG will give me all Wasp covers and no Okoye  :D

Thanks @BlackBoltRocks, I looked at your thread yesterday about 5* removal, and managed to get the 2 CP from DDQ early today to pull my a LL and did get one JJ.  She's not fully covered, but at least I got a cover before the morning data push to Wasp.

<segue, but when I see BBR's name, sometimes I think Drew Carey Show and "Cleveland Rocks".  Then I remember BB can't talk  :#>
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,581 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2018
    Daiches said:
    HOARD!! (But pull when next 5 replaces Cap. Youndont want to skip on getting Okoye as high as possible)

This, but because the RNG decided I wanted a whole lot of Cap, some JJ, and very little Okoye, I need to finish her.  Yeah, I'm going 100% hoard.  Well, I may pull until I get one more Cap, since the next level (261, for RNGesus' sake,) gives me 25 CP.

5 Okoye covers.  5!  At the same time I pulled 15 Cap.  :(

• beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    I will still pull Latests. My Okoye needs a few more covers to champ (5/1/4) and wasp is only at 2 covers. I don't mind getting BeardCap/NecroCap covers. He is a boss event worldbeater. I used him all weekend long for Civil War boss event (Phoenix/Switch/5*Cap), or more accurately I did everything I could to feed and use his Coup De Grace red power against both bosses
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,182 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2018
    Okay I just had the craziest luck. Decided to dip into my initial hoard of 74 LTs and 449CP to try and complete my 2/2/5 Okoye. I somehow needed only 67 LTs to do just that.

Okoye: 2/2/5 to 4/4/7
    Wasp: 1/4/0 to 4/6/0
    BeardCap: 0/1/0 to 1/4/0

That’s a 15/67 rate, inclusive of a bonus Okoye Red. So yes. The head of the Dora Milaje has just become my eighth 5* champ. And i still have 15 LTs and 512CP. Happy days.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    I hoarded for the first time, for a long time, in an effort to get JJ. Ended up champing her and Okoye (with a 5/5/2 Lumbercap) to make my debut into 5-star land. Now I'm back to hoarding and I'll be at it for a while - at least until all 3 of the current characters are out of latest.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,581 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dormammu said:
    I hoarded for the first time, for a long time, in an effort to get JJ. Ended up champing her and Okoye (with a 5/5/2 Lumbercap) to make my debut into 5-star land. Now I'm back to hoarding and I'll be at it for a while - at least until all 3 of the current characters are out of latest.

Hmmm.  If I were you I think I'd finish Cap.  He's not great, but he's not bad either - his purple has some neat tactical uses and his red hits like a mack truck.  His yellow is thematically awesome, but in practice almost useless, unfortunately.  And, as others have pointed out, he's a really good Boss-killer.

If you pull you'll most likely end up with a handful of Okoye levels and Wasp covers before you pull that yellow.  Unless the 5* that follows LumberCap is top tier, it's probably worth it.

• AlexR
    AlexR Posts: 453 Mover and Shaker
    edited July 2018
    I'm going to pull my tiny hoard of 12 LTs now because I still don't have a single Wasp cover for PvE!

Edit: I pulled a Cap, an Okoye and even got a bonus Thor, but no Wasp. I think my game has decided I don't need to have her, lol.
  • Jarvis_Jackrabbit
    Jarvis_Jackrabbit Posts: 78 Match Maker
    I only pulled to get a single Wa5p for req'd nodes. Got lucky and only needed seven pulls.
    Back to hoarding.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    GrimSkald said:
    Dormammu said:

Hmmm.  If I were you I think I'd finish Cap.  He's not great, but he's not bad either - his purple has some neat tactical uses and his red hits like a mack truck.  His yellow is thematically awesome, but in practice almost useless, unfortunately.  And, as others have pointed out, he's a really good Boss-killer.

If you pull you'll most likely end up with a handful of Okoye levels and Wasp covers before you pull that yellow.  Unless the 5* that follows LumberCap is top tier, it's probably worth it.

I'm really not interested in Lumbercap. We'll see what the next 5-star looks like. I can always do some pulls before that happens if the next 5-star doesn't look interesting as I wouldn't mind a few more Okoye levels either.

But if the next 5-star looks good I'll keep hoarding and Lumbercap will have to wait for a HfH offer or one of those special LT vaults they have around new 5-star releases.
  • AlexNapalm
    AlexNapalm Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    My Cap is 4/2/4 so I'll pull before he leaves latest to get him covered. After that, I'll probably hoard up until we see who comes after Okoye leaves. Managed to get JJ and Okoye covered when I pulled my hoard back on 6/4. 
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,770 Chairperson of the Boards
    30 LTs!   ....only THREE 5*s.  All 3 were Cpt Beardy.

My luck is the opposite of what you want.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm continuing to hoard LTs since I have at least one of each.  I'm continuing to spend CP on Classics as I get to 520.  LT hoard is at 63 and will most likely open when the next 5 rolls in, but only to the point of covering that character with at least 1.
  • BigSoftieFF
    BigSoftieFF Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    PiMacleod said:
    30 LTs!   ....only THREE 5*s.  All 3 were Cpt Beardy.

My luck is the opposite of what you want.
    I went 1/21. The only good thing was I got the Wasp for essentials.
  • Dartmaster01
    Dartmaster01 Posts: 634 Critical Contributor
    Hoarding for sure because ......Wasp. I do have Cap at 463, Okoye at 463, and JJ at 452 with at least one cover for Wasp already. Guess we have to go for more like 400 LL pulls now so we'll see who's out about Christmas.
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dumped my lt hoard (68 latest, bunch of extras from champ levels), finished Cap, added champ levels to Okoye, got only 1 wasp. Miffed, I opened a bunch of classics - first pull was JJ. Added more champ levels all around, got some more lts, tried to finish wiccan and iron spidey via bh. Gave up after pulling too many classics. 

Have no idea how many of what I pulled lol. 

Got 2 Wiccan 1 spidey via bh, out of maybe 80 latest 45 classic.
    5 caps,  4 okoye, 4 wasp
    Jessica Surfer Parker Thor BW 2xIM. 

Left 0 lts 1313cp from starting 68 lt 2k-ish cp. I've been so distracted from mpq I had to go back and read old chat logs to find out where my okoye and wasp were at. 

Back go hoarding, though I am likely to keep opening lts until wasp is done or cap gets too big for his britches.