R157 Release Notes (7/16/18)

Options
2»

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Y'know, there is a lot of emphasis on the AND which makes me think could this actually be 2 characters? Vision and Switch would make sense but I'm not really sure that the Infinity War versions are very different to the Age of Ultron ones we already have.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    Y'know, there is a lot of emphasis on the AND which makes me think could this actually be 2 characters? Vision and Switch would make sense but I'm not really sure that the Infinity War versions are very different to the Age of Ultron ones we already have.
    I think it's got more to do with the last clue (Mind Over Matter), and the AND is stressed to indicate the difference (possibly even based on our speculation from the previous clue).

But the idea of another combo character is interesting. People have been requesting a classic Scarlet Witch (a 5* that reflects the full extent of her powers) over the years, could they do something crazy and do a 5* Vision and the Scarlet Witch using their classic comic versions? There's some interesting potential there. But we're also "due" a 4* (assuming they keep to the general pattern of a 5/4/4).
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    JHawkInc said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    I think it's got more to do with the last clue (Mind Over Matter), and the AND is stressed to indicate the difference (possibly even based on our speculation from the previous clue).

But the idea of another combo character is interesting. People have been requesting a classic Scarlet Witch (a 5* that reflects the full extent of her powers) over the years, could they do something crazy and do a 5* Vision and the Scarlet Witch using their classic comic versions? There's some interesting potential there. But we're also "due" a 4* (assuming they keep to the general pattern of a 5/4/4).
    Well they could still do a combined 4* version, I guess.
  • gmtosca
    gmtosca Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Mind over Matter was the clue for Ghost, right?  If it's still connected to Antman & Wasp, maybe it's 3* Hank or Janet or even Goliath.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    *Updated to Final Release Notes. No Changes.
  • irwando
    irwando Posts: 263 Mover and Shaker
    Options

I've gotta go with Viv Vision.  She fits with the addition of Wiccian - focusing on younger heroes.  She just had some great stories in Champions and the Visions before that.  Same powers as her dad - Artificial Intelligence and Matter control.

• Brigby
    Options
    Hi Everyone. We experienced some difficulty with the submission of the Amazon build, however we're currently working on getting that build live. We apologize for the inconvenience.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    I doubt we'll see any combos that are made up of previously released characters, since other than Angel/Archangel they really don't want you to play multiple versions of the same character.  And with the current exclusion logic, this combo would allow you to field a team of Vision, Scarlet Witch, and Vision & Scarlet Witch...

Not that I wouldn't mind them overhauling the character exclusion logic.  I wouldn't mind if you could play the two Ghost Riders or two Wasps together, but probably due to Marvel marketing's directives over character naming, we can't.
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Hi Everyone. We experienced some difficulty with the submission of the Amazon build, however we're currently working on getting that build live. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Knowing this, can we turn off the app not letting you play if you don't update? I'm about a half hour from my shield running out because the game won't let me play.
  • Brigby
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Knowing this, can we turn off the app not letting you play if you don't update? I'm about a half hour from my shield running out because the game won't let me play.
    That's something we manually toggle, and we usually only set that restriction once we're sure that all platforms have the new build available for download.

I've confirmed with the team that the Amazon build has been successfully submitted, and you should be able to update the game on your Amazon device now.
  • JHawkInc
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Brigby said:
    That's something we manually toggle, and we usually only set that restriction once we're sure that all platforms have the new build available for download.

I've confirmed with the team that the Amazon build has been successfully submitted, and you should be able to update the game on your Amazon device now.
    Just for the record, I have updated my Kindle successfully this morning, so the Amazon appears to be working just fine from my end.
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Options
    My Amazon Appstore just was not showing that there was an update available, no matter how many times I refreshed. I ended up having to uninstall and re-install the app, but I did finally get it to work.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    As another guess for the next character release, a new Sentry comic started last month:

It'd be interesting to see a version of the character with a more modern power set, possibly with some kind of transformation mechanic to include The Void.  It's a bit of a stretch from the clue though.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Isn't there some kind of (assumed) big news coming today or tomorrow? San Diego Comic-Con?
  • JHawkInc
    Options
    Isn't there some kind of (assumed) big news coming today or tomorrow? San Diego Comic-Con?
    I've seen people on the forums suggest as much, but no concrete evidence to suggest it's worth getting hopes up.

https://www.marvel.com/articles/games/marvel-games-returns-to-san-diego-comic-con-in-full-force

One hour panel, featuring the PS4 Spidey game and a new VR game. And then a handful of mobile games. Honestly, I suspect this is more about Marvel using the new Spidey and VR games to promote the mobile games, rather than a platform for big announcements FOR those mobile games. On the one hand it makes sense that you would include an exciting announcement to boost that promotion, but on the other, they could just as easily talk about IW and AM&TW stuff to a general audience.

I'm not expecting anything exciting, but I'll be delightfully surprised if something happens anyways.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2018
    Options
    In past years, they have shown some artwork of upcoming characters IIRC. But it wasn't necessarily the next set of characters to be released like that Infinity War article did for BeardCap through IW Spidey.

We'll know later today.
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    We got a triple announcement of Wasp, Spider-Woman and Black Bolt at SDCC 2016 I believe.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think we'll know in 6 hours and 30 minutes (maybe). I see the article mentioning MPQ as well. Last month, the devs mentioned something big coming this month as well, provided that there's no delay.