Which villainous groups would you like to see added to PvE?

Warbringa
Warbringa Posts: 1,288 Chairperson of the Boards
MPQ sends the survey out asking what would you like to see improved in the game and one of the areas I always mark is new enemies to play against.  The game has gone stale in PvE facing the same limited events and hence limited enemies.  

So what group of villains (with different variations within each group ie. the Hand has multiple types of Ninjas etc) would you like to see added as minions in PvE? 

Which villainous groups would you like to see added to PvE? 78 votes

Reavers
1%
Palookaville 1 vote
Vampires (generic bloodsuckers)
3%
KolenceWarbringaCormackie 3 votes
Kree vs. Skrull (would play against both)
30%
SpiritclawxKOBALTxIridiouswymtimeDeNappaDartmaster01sirwookieechrisMagicdivounepheregasJarvindKevmcgbonny79evade420DyingLegendSim MayorScreen MonkeymarshallPolly_P1BigSoftieFF 24 votes
Hydra
10%
abmorazpillaroffaith23XenoberyllZootSaxLopan15Alfje17JPCQTensuun 8 votes
Frost Giants
7%
Chrono_TataTPF AlexisSpace DwarfHilkScofieEvariste 6 votes
Chitauri
0%
Sentinels
32%
akboyceTwystarixmithTiggidaudonomefoojreddNick441234JHawkIncrastafari7SNKAllenmega ghostFelessamonsieurmojoBorstockdpochgrenadierfreeuser0991ABaker84charmbotsdandyfellow00 25 votes
AIM
14%
Dragon_Nexustanis3303TrilateralusSTOPTHISQubortJaedenkaalReecohPtahhotepShintok17Heartbreaksoupspidyjedi84 11 votes

Comments

• Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    How about an 'other' category?

I'd like to see less faceless goons and more named villains. A Brotherhood of Evil Mutants event, for example. I'd love to take on Blob and the Toad. Maybe the Hellfire Club or the Serpent Society. Give me the Masters of Evil or the Wrecking Crew.

If it had to be faceless mooks how about the Circus of Crime with Strongmen and Creepy Clowns? Arcade's goofy house of traps and his robotic minions, or something out of the Mojoverse.

Skrulls would be okay too, but not the Kree.
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    They're gonna be Supports. Sorry.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2018
    AIM
    Daiches said:
    They're gonna be Supports. Sorry.
    Painfully true.

I'm gonna say AIM, mostly because I'm pretty sure that would have to include MODOK.
  • evade420
    evade420 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    The wrecking crew
  • purplemur
    purplemur Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    edited July 2018
    Other
    Zombies more than vampires (although an Anita Blake event would be fun. You could have all the supernatural types(lycan/vamp/zombie) per day and being an alternate universe you wouldn't have to weave any real backstory that makes sense) If you did a zombie event they could make a type of skin so that you could zombify any character. Maybe for Halloween boost the Zombie list and flip the script:eat brains!

Demons from the Inferno crossover

Technarchs

Subterania: Moloids!!! plus Tricephalous, Megataur and Skreeal. The outsiders could fill the tile-moving role.

Phalanx
  • Tensuun
    Tensuun Posts: 98 Match Maker
    Hydra
    I'll say Hydra, mostly because I'm really surprised they haven't made it into the game yet. I don't mind being unable to "play as" a Hydra character, in fact one of the things that put me off MSF initially was that as a beginner most of the villains I was forced to roster were Hydra. Fighting against Hydra, though, that feels right.

To minimize effort (though it'd still need artwork and approval from Marvel, so still not exactly a light workload), alternate "skins" on enemies in new settings could work fine. Hydra agents could have essentially the same stats and powers as S.H.I.E.L.D. agents, but just not have the S.H.I.E.L.D. logo and have some other trait that marks them as white-supremacists or whatever. Maybe generic mutants could be re-skinned as generic Morlocks.

Perhaps when Avengers 4 is released, there'll be some Black Order minions?
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sentinels
    I like the named groups (Brotherhood of Mutants, Wrecking Crew, etc), but I want them as playable characters as well, not just as PVE goons.

If we're going with PVE goons, I want Sentinels. Shield/Hammer/Magia/Doombots/ISO8Mutants have countdowns with a variety of effects, no strict themes within the group. Hand aren't all that different, but have a general theme of relying on other things (Strenght in Numbers does more damage if more allies are alive, Ninja Trickery converts enemy tiles instead of just making allied tiles from scratch, Black Arts hurts an ally to heal, etc).

We got more variety later, Sentries are all passive, Symbiotes have special tiles, board alterations, and passives that combo with them, and Mindless Ones have a simple format of "make tiles, buff tiles, hit with AoE" where different MO have different tiles.

So give us Sentinels, give them repeaters, maybe some effects that rely on other repeaters (like Carol's passive, or the Sentry Flyer's heal, or the Symbiote Carrier's critical mass, where more repeaters start to cause secondary effects to happen), and then throw in something like Valkyrie's bounty, where they can target an enemy and gain a bonus towards that type of enemy (so targeting an X-Men member lets them get a buff against X-Men members, but they can target other groups so maybe they target Spider-Verse or Avengers or whatever, so mechanically they aren't just "anti X-Men goons", if that makes sense).
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sentinels
    I really want Mole Man in the game as a playable villain, and he could pave the way for moloids.
  • spatenfloot
    spatenfloot Posts: 660 Critical Contributor
    Why not Serpent Society? 
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,288 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vampires (generic bloodsuckers)
    Why not Serpent Society? 
    I didn't want to make the poll 25 choices so I had to stop somewhere lol.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sentinels
    I'm saying Sentinals, but really, just give me anything. Anything that stops us having to fight the Dark Avengers all the time is welcome. 
  • Jarvis_Jackrabbit
    Jarvis_Jackrabbit Posts: 78 Match Maker
    For the next run of Civil War all characters could turn heel and be given a villainous designation of either Democrat or Republican.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,571 Chairperson of the Boards
    Batroc's Brigade would be perfect - Zaran, Machete and Ze Leapy one 'imzelf!

The Zodiac with a Scorpio boss.

Atlanteans (and then maybe we can get Namor)

• STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    AIM
    AIM with ol' bucket heads with Super Adaptoids and Baron von Strucker boss and playable MODOK!
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,571 Chairperson of the Boards
    I must have missed the rise of popularity of MODOK somewhere along the line. Who knew people actually took him seriously!
  • Sim Mayor
    Sim Mayor Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    Kree / Skrull has plenty of named villains along with faceless (or wrinkly-faced) mooks. As a bonus, with Skrulls there's the opportunity to fight space cows!

If I had a second vote, it'd be for Reavers, just to get some solid X-villains in the game.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    With a Super-Skrull Boss Event!
  • Spiritclaw
    Spiritclaw Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    My hopes for a secret invasion story with the introduction of related characters was somewhat diminished when they made Teddy a support.
  • DanielleL
    DanielleL Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
    My hopes for a secret invasion story with the introduction of related characters was somewhat diminished when they made Teddy a support.
    In another thread Brigby said a character can be both a support and a playable character.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    I must have missed the rise of popularity of MODOK somewhere along the line. Who knew people actually took him seriously!
    He was the star of one of the better tie-in books for Secret Wars (M.O.D.O.K. Assassin).

As for the topic of the post, I wouldn't mind seeing the brood.