Naru Meha NERF ! (Part 2)

2»

Comments

• DBJones
    DBJones Posts: 803 Critical Contributor
    MBurn, there's also a number of ways to put creatures from your graveyard directly onto the battlefield. Those will no longer trigger Naru either. I'm a bit sad I'll not be able to trigger her with Primeval's Glorious Rebirth, but I admit it probably would have been a bit much. I got her from my first purple pack after the update (out of ~7 possibilities).
  • James13
    James13 Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    I now have 2 infinite combos with her post 2.7.1.  Both in standard format cards alone.  But I was more interested in now blocked non-infinite loop combos.

Fixing ruse would have been the way to go, because it didn't fix the infinite issue.  In my proposal to alter ruse it also would have opened up further offensive potential use of the card (blinking away defenders for an attack phase, for example).

Removing her ability to trigger in fun alternative interactions to try to solve only one fringe case is a mistake.
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    DBJones said:
    MBurn, there's also a number of ways to put creatures from your graveyard directly onto the battlefield. Those will no longer trigger Naru either. I'm a bit sad I'll not be able to trigger her with Primeval's Glorious Rebirth, but I admit it probably would have been a bit much. I got her from my first purple pack after the update (out of ~7 possibilities).
    You are correct, I totally forgot about that.  I mean, its still not a ton of cards (a couple black spells, Journey to Eternity, and Rebirth if I'm not mistaken), but it does make the change a bit more impactful.
  • HarryMason
    HarryMason Posts: 136 Tile Toppler
    I'm just gonna say that they told us this was coming and she wasn't an exclusive. Still a good mythic, just can't go infi quite as much. We scream to the heavens about cards we want nerfed and then cry when the truly degenerate cards get nerfed. I'm pretty sure everything is gonna be alright .
  • Mark_Tedin
    Mark_Tedin Posts: 167 Tile Toppler

There are other infinite looping and the problem still continues:
    https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/74030/naru-meha-and-living-death-create-an-infinite-loop-investigating#latest

As I said, the solution to the problem is to create a code to limit the AI ​​of playing naru infinite times per turn. However, they nefed the best mythic DOM card (in my opinion) and their interactions ... and the problem will persist.
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards

There are other infinite looping and the problem still continues:
    https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/74030/naru-meha-and-living-death-create-an-infinite-loop-investigating#latest

As I said, the solution to the problem is to create a code to limit the AI ​​of playing naru infinite times per turn. However, they nefed the best mythic DOM card (in my opinion) and their interactions ... and the problem will persist.
    I don't think the loop with Living Death is really an issue, since A) its now a mythic-masterpiece combo instead of mythic-common and B) it requires a very specific deck to work, instead of just 2 cards in pretty much any blue deck

Its like how HUF and Season's Past goes completely infinite if they are the only 2 spells in your deck.  Technically its infinite, but its super limiting to use.
  • Mark_Tedin
    Mark_Tedin Posts: 167 Tile Toppler
    edited October 2018
    Naru was nerfed again in 2.9 update. Now the duplicate spell is not cast on the same turn. 
    There are other ways to fix a bug without nerf a card ... This is getting unbearable.  :s
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    Naru was nefed again in 2.9 update. Now the duplicate spell is not cast on the same turn. 
    There are other ways to fix a bug without nerf a card ... This is getting unbearable.  :s
    , two nerfs from great to useless!

• rafalele
    rafalele Posts: 876 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2018
    And whats more they do not fix at all future infinite loops. The code should be changed in order to detect a loop and stop it after a number of iteractions, automatically  if it is made by the IA or asking the user if stoping is desired.

The easy way is just change the way the cards should work to fix just an special case (Legion Conquistador fix in 2.9 version is also a good example) .

From that moment the behaviour of the card does not fit with the card wording anymore (as of course they do not update it). New players should read all fixes in the release notes (of course reading the forums) to understand why a card does not work as written.
  • tfg76
    tfg76 Posts: 258 Mover and Shaker
    rafalele said:
    And whats more they do not fix at all future infinite loops. The code should be changed in order to detect a loop and stop it after a number of iteractions, automatically  if it is made by the IA or asking the user if stoping is desired.

The easy way is just change the way the cards should work to fix just an special case (Legion Conquistador fix in 2.9 version is also a good example) .

From that moment the behaviour of the card does not fit with the card wording anymore (as of course they do not update it). New players should read all fixes in the release notes (of course reading the forums) to understand why a card does not work as written.

Love this idea. Every time N spells or abilities have been cast/triggered, prompt the player to "do you wish to end the swap round now"? For Greg, just end the round then and there.

• rafalele
    rafalele Posts: 876 Critical Contributor
    tfg76 said:
    rafalele said:

Love this idea. Every time N spells or abilities have been cast/triggered, prompt the player to "do you wish to end the swap round now"? For Greg, just end the round then and there.

I have witten my suggestion in the suggestions discussion of the forum.