What will it take to have Cable?

MissoesRicRose
MissoesRicRose Posts: 258 Mover and Shaker
With the debut of Deadpool 2 many have looked forward to the character Cable in the game.
But that did not end up happening. What is the reason?

Comments

• Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Marvel is going to drive film cross-promotions in their games on Marvel Studios produced films. Until the x-people return to the Marvel fold (via the potential Fox buyout by Disney) adding those characters isn't going to be a priority.
  • MissoesRicRose
    I just saw that 'Marvel Studios' still does not have the rights of some characters. Like: X-Men; Fantastic Four; Deadpool.
    Probably for this reason, we may never see Cable in the game. We will have to contend with "Ghost" anyway.
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    Hopefully with the Deadpool 2 dvd release.
  • MissoesRicRose
    There was a very high expectation on the part of many players, after the debut of Deadool 2, in the addition of Cable to the game. However, it was not what happened, instead they put another repeated character, the Loki.  :(
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Typically it takes a credit card, a willingness to sign up for an overpriced service plan, and calling or logging onto an ISP's website.

Serious talk:
    Since the Fox Disney deal looks more and more likely I suspect we might see something soon.  I still doubt it would coincide with the movie's DVD release, but we might just Cable randomly like when we got a streak of X-Men.

Maybe their saving him for the anniversary?
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2018
    I don't think Demiurge or D3 has a lot of say over who gets to be the next character to be out. I figured that it has to be licensing issue. I remember seeing that the debut of Gambit was delayed due to licensing issue. They need to secure the right to use certain characters. So, it's probable that they have not secured the right to Cable yet.