***** Wasp (Hope Van Dyne) *****

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin

Wasp (Hope Van Dyne)

5-Star Rarity (Epic)
Heroes
bluetilepng 
yellowtilepng blacktilepng 

"After a life lived in her parents' shadow, Hope Van Dyne takes up the mantle of the Wasp. Armed with a brilliant mind for science and a flying super-suit made to shrink her down to the size of a wasp, no challenge is too big for Hope to take on (or make tiny)!

Will the power of Pym Tech and her training in martial arts be enough to prepare her for the dangers of the Quantum Realm?"

(Abilities, Match Damage, and Health listed at level 450)
50,383 Health
bluetilepng 695 | yellowtilepng 618 | blacktilepng 540 |  349 |  88 | purpletilepng 81 | greentilepng 74 |  4.3x

Sting Operation - 6 bluetilepng AP
The Wasp uses her influence to take the enemy down from within and expose their plans. Steals 2 random colored AP from the enemy and create a 3-turn Countdown tile that creates 1 Blue Locked Swarm tile(s).
(PASSIVE) When there are at least 4 Swarm tiles on the board (max 12), all of Wasp's powers become Call the Swarm.
  • Level 2: Steals 3 random...
  • Level 3: ...and create a 2-turn Countdown tile...
  • Level 4: ...that creates 2 Blue Locked...
  • Level 5: Steals 4 random...
Shrink Tactics - 10 yellowtilepng AP
Taking perfect aim, Wasp shoots a Pym disc to shrink her teammate so they can infiltrade the enemy base. Turns a selected ally Invisible for 2 turn(s) and places 1 Yellow Locked Swarm tile(s).
(PASSIVE) When there are at least 4 Swarm tiles on the board (max 12), all of Wasp's powers become Call the Swarm.
  • Level 2: ...places 2 Yellow Locked Swarm tile(s).
  • Level 3: ...ally Invisible for 3 turn(s) and...
  • Level 4: ...places 3 Yellow Locked Swarm tile(s).
  • Level 5: ...ally Invisible for 4 turn(s) and...
Pain Index - 10 blacktilepng AP
Wasp blasts her enemy to send them reeling. Steal a burst of 3087 health from the target, and an additional 1235 health per Swarm tile on the board.
(PASSIVE) When the Wasp is healed for 1383 or more health, place 1 Black Locked Swarm tile(s). When there are at least 4 Swarm tiles on the board (max 12), all of Wasp's powers become Call the Swarm.
  • Level 2: ...burst of 3704 health...
  • Level 3: ...burst of 4322 health..
  • Level 4: ...place 2 Black Locked...
  • Level 5: ...burst of 5557 health..
Call the Swarm - 12 bluetilepng / yellowtilepng / blacktilepng AP
With the might of the swarm at her will, Wasp deals 6915 damage and grows her Swarm tiles, destroying them and three tiles around them.
(PASSIVE) If any powers are Call the Swarm, her match damage is increased by 10% per Swarm tile. If there are less than 4 Swarm tiles on the board, this power reverts to its previous form.

What do you think is Wasp (Hope Van Dyne)'s best build? Vote down below!

***** Wasp (Hope Van Dyne) ***** 7 votes

5/5/3
0%
5/4/4
28%
whitecat31Black Duke 2 votes
5/3/5
28%
Kjempentheomen 2 votes
4/5/4
0%
4/4/5
28%
StraycatMr_F 2 votes
3/5/5
14%
BigSoftieFF 1 vote

Comments

• RickOShay
    RickOShay Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    Cool and interesting abilities.
    Not seeing enough damage though, even with the % multiplier on match damage when qualified. 
    Just got her yellow from Ant-Man's progress rewards, so I'm looking forward to trying her out soon (I think).
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    5/4/4
    The stats of Wasp are pretty disappointing.

Her damage output is way too low (I´ve some 3* characters in my roster which are dealing more damage than Wasp) and her yellow and black are pricey and pretty much useless (who needs a burst of health for 10 AP?).

I guess she will accompany Hulk & Doc Ock at the bottom of 5* tier.
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    4/4/5
    Yea I would change my vote to 5/4/4 if I could.  I first chose damage over 1 ap, but the blue is only thing you'd ever use.
  • Gold_Dragon
    Gold_Dragon Posts: 101 Tile Toppler
    My biggest problem is Call The Swarm. “Deal damage and grows her Swarm tiles”

how is it growing her Swarm, it’s destroying the Swarm tiles? Then you have to start over putting them on the field? And it’s not generating AP? If it’s not generating AP, then why destroy the Swarm and start over?
  • RickOShay
    RickOShay Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    Just champed her and I have to agree with everyone here. Not nearly enough damage, as we knew going in, but I think he plays best if you actively try to match away her own Swarm tiles (and the match damage increase should be 15% as mentioned, not 10%). 
    Since Call he Swarm doesn't do much more for 12 AP than you would get from her black at 10 AP, there is no reason to play it with black (or blue), maybe with yellow if you happen to land on a ton of it for a KO of a dangerous enemy at low health.

I think her spec can change around quite a bit depending on who you have to run her with of course, but I did find good utility with her yellow & half-health Thor on the team. He earns yellow due to his passive, so you can play Wasps yellow to make him invisible. This helps when you have green or red matches available on the board, and Wasp stays up front to take damage instead of Thor.
    His passive also helps to shake up the board and line up blue and black matches. With her up front most of the time, it's good that she can heal with her black (agreed it should be true heal not burst). 

Make sure there are 3 Swarm tiles on the board when you play her black. That is the largest damage and heal that it can do. I believe it is a design flaw that you can't play her black as Sting Pain Index with more than 3 Swarm tiles present. Perhaps Call the Swarm should be changed to only apply to her Blue and Yellow abilities?

Call the Swarm should to at least double the damage it does now, or earn AP, make it a team damage ability, or a mix of these.
    I needed a yellow-blue user in the 5* tier, but unfortunately she plays much better as a yellow-black or a blue-black character (or when using all 3 powers of course). 

Wasps yellow also works reasonably well with Panther. Use it to make him invisible, and when he comes back it will trigger his passive, Move or be Moved for 13k+ damage. I would suggest using his black over hers for much more damage over 5 turns though. Add Daredevil to this team for a good purple-green character, and he tanks yellow over the other two. 
  • Cactus_Jack_87
    Cactus_Jack_87 Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    I wish she was better.

• fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    How to fix Wasp damage with 3 simple words

Call the Swarm
    With the might of the swarm at her will, Wasp deals 6915 damage PER SWARM TILE and grows her Swarm tiles, destroying them and three tiles around them.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    I’d like Call the Swarm a lot more if each bee destroyed an adjacent blue, yellow, or black tile each turn, dealing damage and generating AP. Suffers from potentially running out of viable adjacent tiles like Gho5t Rider, but it DOES something.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2018
    Or just make swarm tiles like attack tiles, where they do a certain amount of damage per turn.  The swarm is made up of stinging insects...let them sting!!  Anything else would be gravy, @zodiac339.
  • himatako
    himatako Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    zodiac339 said:
    I’d like Call the Swarm a lot more if each bee destroyed an adjacent blue, yellow, or black tile each turn, dealing damage and generating AP. Suffers from potentially running out of viable adjacent tiles like Gho5t Rider, but it DOES something.
    Or just make swarm tiles like attack tiles, where they do a certain amount of damage per turn.  The swarm is made up of stinging insects...let them sting!!  Anything else would be gravy, @zodiac339.
    I like both of these ideas. Basically, a Locked Tile that doesn't do anything except locking the tile has shown to be pretty bad already. In the case of Bag Man and Invisible Women, their Locked Tiles have another feature of sealing the effect of the special tiles they lock.

Wasp's Locked Swarm tile, on the other hand, only target basic tiles, making it less useful already. It needs to be more than just a locked tile and does something every turn for it to be useful.