Even More Ant-Man and the Wasp! (7/9/18)

Options
2»

Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Also: thanks for adding another villain, and one with a red power at that. Now I have someplace useful to attach this Proxima Midnight support i've been sitting on since IW came out.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Mujo5 said:
    Brigby said:

Store Offers
    • One-Time 30% Extra Hero Point Sale
      • What: An additional 30% on the $20 Hero Points offer
      • Maximum 1 Purchase
      • Start: July 9th
      • End: July 13th
    • One-Time 30% Extra Iso-8 Sale
      • What: An additional 30% on the $20 Iso-8 offer
      • Maximum 1 Purchase

These offers are false. Prices have been raised by 16.7% in addition to resources increasing by 30%. £14.99 is now £17.49
      We investigated this issue, and it seems you are correct. For players outside of the United States, the price of both the Logan's Loonies and Hidden Stash exhibited incorrect pricing. This should now be fixed.

If you are a player that purchased either of those two one-time sale items at the higher-than-normal price within the past 12 hours, then please reach out to Customer Support with a screenshot of your purchase receipt, and they will be happy to assist you with compensation. Thanks!
    • Nick441234
      Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
      Options
      This is all very positive and welcome. I do think the scaling is a bit harsh on Growth Industry though. Level 430 wave nodes are exceptionally hard when you only have 2 5*s (Thanos and Spiderman) over that and the 3rd character you have to bring is a 4*. 
    • TheHungryPet
      TheHungryPet Posts: 229 Tile Toppler
      Options
      Awesome, thank you for extending the ISO rain. Also, yay for Civil War for the character release event. Loving the frequency of boss events!
    • Mujo5
      Mujo5 Posts: 59 Match Maker
      edited July 2018
      Options
      Brigby said:
      Mujo5 said:
      Brigby said:

Store Offers
        • Maximum 1 Purchase
        • Maximum 1 Purchase

These offers are false. Prices have been raised by 16.7% in addition to resources increasing by 30%. £14.99 is now £17.49
        We investigated this issue, and it seems you are correct. For players outside of the United States, the price of both the Logan's Loonies and Hidden Stash exhibited incorrect pricing. This should now be fixed.

If you are a player that purchased either of those two one-time sale items at the higher-than-normal price within the past 12 hours, then please reach out to Customer Support with a screenshot of your purchase receipt, and they will be happy to assist you with compensation. Thanks!
        ! 'm shocked someone had actually responded to this and that it has been corrected. This has been an issue with'special'sales for the last couple of years

Thank you for the double iso. Long may it continue... I have black bolt, kraven and kingpin to champion within the fortnight
      • rixmith
        rixmith Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
        Options
        Wow! My Antman has gone up 9 levels between event rewards, vaults, free gifts, Growth Industry... This is a really nice way to make an impact on a 4* character and make them feel interesting to a 5* player. Nice job!
      • Spudgutter
        Spudgutter Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
        Options
        Not complaining about the double ISO for a second. All of this stuff has been fantastic so far!. So please keep that in mind when I say what I'm about to say.

Where the hell was all of this when Infinity War came out!? Yeah we got some new characters, but no double ISO, no special themed stuff (as in tagging something with an Infinity War banner that gave bonuses). That was the biggest Marvel movie since Avengers Assemble and it barely seemed to register in the game.

What's made Ant Man & The Wasp become such a major impact?

Again, not complaining at all. This is how it should always be! I'm just very baffled.
        I think Brigby acknowledged that the powers that be took a hard look at what they did (or rather didn't do) to really celebrate Infinity War and that reflection impacted what they have done for the next Movie Tie-In.

I'm not sure if it was general malaise, stinginess, or that Infinity War movie release got pulled in by week (maybe all 3 of these things), but it appears they have course corrected for this movie event.

I hope this is a trend and we see something similar for all major movie/TV launches because I agree double ISO and the ability to earn extra covers and such is always very welcome and makes me excited to actually play more for a change!
        I get what you are saying, but not everyone knows that brigby said that.

I am just as appreciative of the course correction as everyone else, but i also dont mind letting them know that constructive criticism worked.  They dropped the ball, we called them out on it.  They picked it up and delivered nicely, and we thank them for it.
      • DAZ0273
        DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
        Options
        Thanks for all the events, covers, iso & goodies!
      • Persephone
        Persephone Posts: 201 Tile Toppler
        Options
        Thanks for all the stuff.  
        I've been able to level up my supports which have helped my game play.  
      • Clamps2
        Clamps2 Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
        Options
        Brigby said:
        Mujo5 said:
        Brigby said:

Store Offers
          • Maximum 1 Purchase
          • Maximum 1 Purchase

I'd like to point out that this not fixed from what I can see, and is actually worse than the usual price increase during these "sales".  For reference, I'm in Canada and on Android.

Usual price: $22.99
        Sale price:   $27.99

So the base cost was increased 21.7%.  On a cost per ISO basis, it's effectively just 6.8% bonus ISO, which is a far cry from the claim of 30%.
      • Daredevil217
        Daredevil217 Posts: 3,913 Chairperson of the Boards
        Options
        I was going to create an “Ant-Man and Wasp rollout appreciation thread” but the developers are getting tons of love in here. For all the flack they’ve gotten recently I’m a firm believer in praise when it’s due and positive reinforcement. 

Really appreciate all you’ve done in the goodwill department as of late. The double iso really helps with the boss events giving us less iso than normal PVEs. Big big thank you!!
      • JHawkInc
        JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
        Options
        I was going to create an “Ant-Man and Wasp rollout appreciation thread” but the developers are getting tons of love in here. For all the flack they’ve gotten recently I’m a firm believer in praise when it’s due and positive reinforcement. 

Really appreciate all you’ve done in the goodwill department as of late. The double iso really helps with the boss events giving us less iso than normal PVEs. Big big thank you!!
        I was too, but I'm waiting on them to be completely done doing stuff before I post it. (and it was going to be equal parts an appreciation thread, and a list of all the stuff they did so we could see it in one place, and talk about what kind of things we'd like for future big events like this).

Best I can tell, there's still at least one Support coming (the Wasp release article mentioned a Quantum Realm support, I believe, which is the only thing we still haven't seen, but I'm hoping we could get 2-3 related to the movie, one of Scott's named Ants, maybe a shrinking vehicle, or Pym's tank from the first movie, etc)