Would you like to see my new PvP matchmaking in action?

veny
veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
So, now i am thinking, why cant we change PvP system?
You know, once you enter 4* land, you are fighting mostly 4*s, same with 5*s (propably with 3*s but cant recall).

My idea is simple - Make PvP nodes with required character rarity, which means:
1 node for 2*s only (+ required character)
1 node for 3*s only (+ required character)
1 node for 4*s only (+ required character)
1 node for 5*s only (+ required character)
at least 1 node without required rarity, which node based on current system (you can use everything you want against team with "random" rarities)

What is it good for?
- Well, i noticed i am not using most of my roster (what a discovery!) because it simply cannot compete with opponents. My idea would make whole roster useful, no matter if you are in 3* land, or you just moved into 5* land
- Speaking about 5* land, playing with few (2-5) 5* makes you fully reliable on heals, which is a problem players with 40 4* would not encounter. Lets be honest, 5*s are slowest to farm and upgrade, so you cant smoothly move from 4* to 5* tier.

What may be bad?
- Well, required characters may cause a mess (imagine required 4* in team with 2*s - it is basically 1v1 :D ). Now i am thinking, maybe we could do this as a new PvP event, without required characters (similar to SHIELD simulator).
- With win-based system, whole roster (150+ characters) fully useful could completely break PvP ballance, especially heal "economy" (since you basically dont need heals cuz your characters will be revived while you play with other characters).
Plus, DEVs could dislike the fact heals are not so badly required.

I like this new concept, but i also feel it may cause some serious issues. Thats why i put in in discussion thread, to ask for opinion and feedback.

Would you like to see my new PvP matchmaking in action? 16 votes

Yes
56%
SteellatchNick441234venyMETT-T dependentScreen MonkeySteel_ColtFriarbundyMgoBlue51Century 9 votes
No
37%
MojoWildTiggidaDaichesQubortSt1nkf1stABaker84 6 votes
It needs some improvements (add comment if possible)
6%
DyingLegend 1 vote

Comments

• MgoBlue51
    MgoBlue51 Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
    Yes
    In all honesty they need to do SOMETHING to fix pvp in my opinion. It’s stale and infuriating at times, and like you said, I barely use most of my roster anymore. I think your idea is good, probably needs some tweaking but I don’t have any better ideas.