Prolog Reuse

Options
At PVE I have to use a team that will bring me through the event in  minimum time.
At PVP I have to use a team I think best fitted to beat the opponents team.
What I am missing in the game is somewhere where there is no compentition and I can play around with teams I otherwise never use.
The easiest way to get that in my opinion would be to open prolog after finishing, so one could play any node anytime.
Since normal prolog nodes would be much too easy, the enemy team level could be raised to the average level of the members of the team I use for the fight.
For me rewards for winning are not important, just the possibility to use teams I otherwise can not use because with them I fall back behind the competition.

Comments

• abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Or... they could bring back the Gauntlet.  It would serve the exact same purpose.

Additionally/alternatively, they could run a daily like the Simulator where you get 1-5 nodes of completely randomly generated opponents (similar to DDQ, but random and not required nodes)
  • BeetleGeorge
    BeetleGeorge Posts: 76 Match Maker
    Options
    I'm also a fan of the Gauntlet idea. I would like to have both  :)
    One main difference seems to me that the Gauntlet is a time dependent event while what I proposed should be something "static" where you could play any node whenever you want to.
  • Alex502
    Alex502 Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I really like this idea, even if it was a similar thing to DDQ. Just a few, basic nodes that scale to your team's average level, little to no reward, but completely open to replay. That would allow team testing and such. I think adding a team randomizer would high light this, as it would churn out some weird teams we haven't though of yet.
  • Felonius
    Felonius Posts: 289 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Here's my suggestion for what I call Lore Mode that I posted in the forums last year...

I'd like to introduce Lore Mode, a new Non-Competitive PvE (NCPvE) feature:
    • Existing Story tab would remain Competitive PvE (CPvE) as it is now, where the latest story-related events would appear, Boss Events, etc.
    • Rename the Prologue tab to "Lore".
    • Once the existing Prologue chapters are completed, another chapter appears and it's the main page of the next MPQ Story event (I don't know what it is, but whatever happened after the Dark Avengers storyline).
    • Then proceed through each main/sub-page of every existing Story Event that has ever been, with new ones being added after their initial run in CPvE. 
    • Each node is available to play only a limited number of times (1-3?) before it is red-checked on through until the whole MPQ canon is played through. 
    • Rewards are on nodes and via Progression (with bonus for each chapter/sub and full-event completed).
    • Rewards and enemy scaling are based on SHIELD Clearance Level (SCL).
    • One thought I had for rewards besides the usual ISO, HP, and CP, is that at any point that a player would get a token (even standard) or a cover, they instead get a Lore Token which could be a new type that contains 3 and 4* characters (no 1 or 2*).
    • Lore Tokens should be made available in an HP store at all times and with daily discounts like Heroics, but at Event Tokens rates.
    • Players can play at their leisure, there's no placement/competitive nature here.
    • The whole MPQ Storyline can be played through from Prologue to the latest Guardians of the Galaxy content, and once all nodes are red-checked, it's locked down to prevent over-grind.  But again, as new events are born, they'll eventually show up here.
    • NCPvE is unlocked and reopened periodically for replay from the very beginning with refreshed rewards.  This can be so many times per year, maybe every 10-20 SCL completed, possibly before or after each new NCPvE event, or my preferred vote would be to tie it in to every 30-90 days in SHIELD Resupply Days.

Lore Mode would allow players to enjoy the MPQ Storyline, get some true non-competitive play into the game and adds another revenue for rewards of all flavors.

Final note that just because events are added to NCPvE, it doesn't mean they can't be re-run ad infinitum as they are now in CPvE.  Nothing has to change in existing CPvE.