Best Use for Hero Points

chrisH
chrisH Posts: 33 Just Dropped In
Once you are earning enough HP from events and 2* and 3* farming to keep up with roster slots and still accumulating HP how do you guys spend it to get the best return?

At this point in the game anything less than a 5 star just feeds a farm or adds to a 4star that may be a feeder. Up till now I have just been saving up for a 40 pack but thinking this may not be the best EV for this resource the daily deal for 100 HP may be the best bang for the buck since you get 2.5 more pulls at the cost of a LL token and reduced bonus heroes. It feels like vaults and crash deal are not a good return on investment unless you really need the specific covers. 

40pack Daily deal
10,000 to 15,800
1 LL
40 Pulls 250 - 395 HP per pull
Pros Get a LL 
Bonus Hero odds 1/12

10 Pack Daily Deal
2800-3800HP
10 pulls 280 -380 HP Per pull
BH 1/12

1x Daily Deal
100-200 Per pull
BH 1/20

Clean out a Vault
Daily deal 9800x2
guaranteed 3x4*
guaranteed 3 Supports (may be best way to get supports but lol supports) 
guaranteed 1 LL token
Pro: Can stop at one purchace if you get all the good stuff on first pull
Con: No bonus heroes 

weekly Crash 4Star Deal
3600 HP
Guarenteed 4star cover
Some CP and Iso and Elite covers 

Comments

• randomhero1090
    randomhero1090 Posts: 396 Mover and Shaker
    Some have worked out which gives you "more" overall when buying multiple...  but nothing can replace the value of getting the exact cover you need to champ a character.

So for me, that's the offer you get.  Clean out a vault, H4H, whatever.  Just got a H4H offer to finish off Grocket and I couldn't be happier.  It's a lot of HP for 1 cover, 8 elites, 10,000 iso and some CP, but it's worth it to me.
  • evade420
    evade420 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    I always try and save up for the off season PVP 40 packs, they only cost 10k HP
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    It's still all slots to me.  When I had rostered everyone, I was briefly in a period where I was accumulating HP, and typically dropped it on 10x packs if I needed an XP/ISO boost.  I'm starting to max out 3* champions, though, so I have need of slots again.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,581 Chairperson of the Boards

I treat excess HP (that HP I don't need for Roster Slots and Shields) as discretionary "Fun times" money, basically. I tend to buy special offers and such with them, and I pretty much always buy anything that only costs 100HP per draw - I think that's a pretty good buy compared to the 10 and 40 packs.  Of course, 40 packs also include a LT, which has a lot of inherent value in and of itself.

I've been dabbling with the HP support buys they offer us every few weeks, but I will probably stop.

• Vins2
    Vins2 Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    5 star player, I bought a surplus of slots when they went on sale early this year, and had been buying the offseason 40 pack ever since.  With the recent offseason not having that option, I've got a head start on hoarding for the anniversary vault.  
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    For the most part, once you have a good handle on your roster slot expenses, and shield expenses.  You will primarily be spending your hp on:

HFH
    special limited vaults.
    40x

and 10x.

While HFH offers are expensive,  they are typically the best bang for you buck.  especially if you buy offers that finish or complete chars.

Special one time limited vaults happen in conjunction with MCU releases and or special PR pushes.  These are always the best deal and you should always horde 4k hp just in case a special 40 item vault appears.

That last thing that the big whales splurge on are 40x and 10x.  40x are the only reliable way to purchase a LT (at 10k hp approx). 

• evade420
    evade420 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    Vins2 said:
    5 star player, I bought a surplus of slots when they went on sale early this year, and had been buying the offseason 40 pack ever since.  With the recent offseason not having that option, I've got a head start on hoarding for the anniversary vault.  
    Starting an anniversary hoard now is a very good idea.  Thank you for reminding me!
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    With supports being so limited, I've been hitting most of the H4H offers that come with support tokens.
    Getting a 4* and some stuff that I don't get from routine gameplay seems decent to me.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2018
    I try to get a roster slot or two ahead, and then I impulsively buy 100 HP daily deals on vaults with covers I really want. I have a hard time saving up in this game without proper motivation.
  • Pants1000
    Pants1000 Posts: 484 Mover and Shaker
    I buy every 100 HP daily deal, heroics and vaults, and occasionally a 10-pack if it’s a special vault or a HFH deal to save covers.  With the new saved cover feature I may never buy HFH again though.  I probably should save up for 40’s, but I never do.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    i just went over 100K today. i use it for roster slots and pvp shields.  oh yeah, once there was actually a vault that was economical and make sense to buy. i think it was 3500 for 40 things.