Free Pym Gauntlets

Pr0spect0r
Pr0spect0r Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
So I just got free pym gauntlets. Anyone else? Thoughts on them as a whole?

Comments

• Century
    Century Posts: 24 Just Dropped In
    I received them as well. I have no thoughts about them. Another support I don't plan on doing anything with.
  • Screen Monkey
    Screen Monkey Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    Meh and Meh
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2018
    They should give us Rank 5 , level 200 minimum instead of Rank 2, level 1.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bulls said:
    I really dont understand ppl and their denial to usefulness of supports. Sure they're not gamebreaking or anything, but if you're smart then you can use them to your advantage. Easy example on this free wasp gauntlets:  I've leveled them to 30 (6k+ riso) and they're giving +65 on blue. Thats basicly 200 more damage on m3. Event on 5* chars it actually count (especially during crits) but in 4* tier it's huge. Ive checked two 4* with blue as their top color: lv 370 r4g has 170 blue match dmg and lvl 30 gloves (free suport with low riso investment) increase it by 38%. On lv 303 prof (with blue at 102) thats basicly 65% increase. But you dont have to look at it only as pure dmg increse - they help to manipulate who's tanking what. So I really sugest to take a 2nd look at what you have available in supports as you might be really surprised.
    Those Gauntlets are the only ones who are useful for match damage at low levels.
    Check other supports - they give WAY lower match damage.
  • Bulls
    Bulls Posts: 141 Tile Toppler
    Thats true, they give way lower values but still I was able to swap who was tanking what in 5*. Beside Ive found few more that Im using to my advantage (but also I was disapointed by some others as they were slowing me down). Overal I think that supports are nicd addition, just need adjusting.
  • evade420
    evade420 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    I did not  get any :(
  • Persephone
    Persephone Posts: 201 Tile Toppler
    I got them.  Looks like it will pair well with anyone with strong blue based power.  I'm thinking of putting them on champed Strang3 to get more stunning power.  
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,700 Chairperson of the Boards
    They should give us Rank 5 , level 200 minimum instead of Rank 2, level 1.
    Why stop there? I think they should include six 5* Wasp covers, and enough iso to level her.

:D:D:D:D
  • Pants1000
    Pants1000 Posts: 484 Mover and Shaker
    I got them, and anything free is great, but I was disappointed it’s the 2*, since the 3* has the healing ability.  I’m hoping to pull the 3* and put it on OML to get his healing back to pre-nerf levels.
  • bundles87
    bundles87 Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    I actually think they're pretty useful, they add a good amount of damage to blue. I put them on my champed Nico since there's times when I can't get her to tank any colors to get her tile out. I'm sure there's other cases where you want different characters to tank different colors and that would be helpful.
  • rixmith
    rixmith Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    Free is good! And the first power is quite useful. I'm happy to get them and will put some RISO into them and use them,
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bowgentle said:
    Bulls said:
    I really dont understand ppl and their denial to usefulness of supports. Sure they're not gamebreaking or anything, but if you're smart then you can use them to your advantage. Easy example on this free wasp gauntlets:  I've leveled them to 30 (6k+ riso) and they're giving +65 on blue. Thats basicly 200 more damage on m3. Event on 5* chars it actually count (especially during crits) but in 4* tier it's huge. Ive checked two 4* with blue as their top color: lv 370 r4g has 170 blue match dmg and lvl 30 gloves (free suport with low riso investment) increase it by 38%. On lv 303 prof (with blue at 102) thats basicly 65% increase. But you dont have to look at it only as pure dmg increse - they help to manipulate who's tanking what. So I really sugest to take a 2nd look at what you have available in supports as you might be really surprised.
    Those Gauntlets are the only ones who are useful for match damage at low levels.
    Check other supports - they give WAY lower match damage.
    For comparison, Rank 2 Kimoyo Beads leveled by the same investment gives about 22 blue damage though they also would have a .35x bonus on crits (basing this on values I have seen while leveling the Beads but don't have exact numbers for level 30). While it less of a pure match damage but when placed on someone teamed with Chavez, it adds up to more.
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    I got them as well. 
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    I got them but just clicked through the message because I was doing DDQ at the time and thought it was the complete-a-node reward or bonus reward. Didn't see what it was actually for.
  • Ptahhotep
    Ptahhotep Posts: 428 Mover and Shaker
    I got them, but disappointed that the character specific boost is only for 5* Wasp. I would have liked one that worked for either version.
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 984 Critical Contributor
    I got them.  Looks like it will pair well with anyone with strong blue based power.  I'm thinking of putting them on champed Strang3 to get more stunning power.  

If you have it, Wong is definitely the support of choice for Strang3. Even unleveled I find it quite helpful. 
  • Persephone
    Persephone Posts: 201 Tile Toppler
    @ Skittledaddy: I don't have Wong, unfortunately.  I decided to add Pym Gauntlets to 3* Spidey since he's boosted right now.  I would love Wong.  But, support tokens are so rare.  I have to wait for it....