* New Alliance Feature
* Supports update  
* New Support: Wasp Gauntlets!  
* More Ant-Man and Wasp updates
* R156  

Comments

• LFChikarason
    LFChikarason Posts: 402 Mover and Shaker
    - I know folks are worried about dogs during the fourth of July, but will no one think of the podcasters!
    - "I love that movie (Clueless) so much" things I'd never think I'd hear Craig say in a million years
    - pie PSA, skip from 11:44 to 14:29
    - what an odd feature, the making of purchasing of in game currency public. Seems like a waste of time, but what do I know
    - Even though it's not my name anymore, except for that one time, I'm still hot Liverpool stole my initials
    - All of my Red ISO is being used to get my Chimichanga to level 250 (currently 106) then I can worry about the other supports
    - I really need Scott Steiner to explain all these percentages the supports have
    - One of these days, the damage I'm doing to clear a wave node won't roll over into Carol's Energy Absorption...one day...
    - Not really sure why Craig hates Ant-Man movies so much
    - It's Rochelle Rochelle! A top flight two star character. With the advent of Okoye, getting her Team Up is a great way get more team up tiles on the board
    - the Whizzer is a Marvel speedster from the 1940's who dresses all in yellow.
    - when it comes to boosted characters this week, the list begins and ends with Gwenpool. Sucka MCs call her sire
    - I'm all for the new segment, see above for the reason why. I can see D3 adding a new support once the 'Gambit change of life' comes to pass. Deck of cards, anyone?
    - My reward of the week was two nuWasp covers from the re-structuring of Ant-Man's rewards
  • monsieurmojo
    monsieurmojo Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker

- It's Rochelle Rochelle! A top flight two star character. With the advent of Okoye, getting her Team Up is a great way get more team up tiles on the board
    Only you have to actually spend 8 TU AP for this to happen. You're sacrificing the extra damage from Wakanda Forever just to get a bigger heal.  I can see maybe doing this if you're close to finishing the match and want to save a health pack, but otherwise sacrificing 10k+ extra damage isn't worth it.
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,791 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hi Ian, you didn't know this but I'm actually your neighbour. Thanks for the white trash review, if you think May to July fireworks were bad just wait to see what I have planned for October to New years Eve!

Anyhow, Agree with the comments that a Gambit rework had to happen but I also agree with the listener who said it was overly heavy handed. One of the designers said after the last gambit rework the aim was to reduce his abilities but still leave a character that so many wanted as top tier. Well that isn't whats happened, he's nerfed to the point I can't see me ever running him and he still blocks red and purple from now better characters.

Now I could live with all that IF my compensation wasn't, 'well you can sell him and have a layer of RNG' on other 5*s. Remember this whole Gambit fiasco is not my mistake, it's theirs. Some people spent huge hoards of both cash and CP to level a character they made desirable. 5* nerfs like this don't come around too often, would it be that much pain to offer covers of your choice. With this nerf I'd swap my 450 gambit for a 450 other classic in a heartbeat. We didn't all start playing 4 years ago, I could swap him for one I missed. RNG is not sufficient compensation for a 5* when none of this was my doing.

Also what I think should have happened is incremental adjustments until they were happy, not just leveling with a bat and saying that's it done. They could then offer the compensation when the incremental changes were well received because once a 5* is nerfed there's no going back.

I love the game but I think mistakes like Gambit and laughable compensation is huge loss of trust when over 8 months of planning went into my hoard.
  • Orglmeister
    Orglmeister Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    edited July 2018
    2 * Carol: Creating a lot of TU Tiles is good for utilizing 2* Hawkeye, in case you dont have Magneto of Thor. She is underrated imo.

Edit: Never thought i would say this, but i love me my War Machine in these Growth Industries Wave Nodes. Together with 4* Carol and Medusa, he is a blast. 3 1turn CD-tiles for 8 AP, Tons of Special Tiles with red. You are constantly at full health, hard hitting attack tiles and Medusa pumps you full with AP.