History of Benalia does not activate the first ability when return from graveyard [Investigating]

Options
Mark_Tedin
Mark_Tedin Posts: 167 Tile Toppler
History of Benalia does not activate the first ability when return from the graveyard. 

//Edited Title -Brigby

Comments

• Brakkis
    Brakkis Posts: 777 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Because it returns on the last chapter it was on when it left the field.
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This is technically a bug with all sagas.  They return from the graveyard on chapter 3, not 1.
  • Mark_Tedin
    Options
    Mburn7 said:
    This is technically a bug with all sagas.  They return from the graveyard on chapter 3, not 1.
    It is the point! Sagas should return from the graveyard on chapter 1
  • Bil
    Bil Posts: 831 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I don't think we can call it a bug ... It might also be made on purpose in order to avoid abusive combinations with starfield (which would definitely make sense for history of benalia).
    On the other hand, some sagas thay are returning on chapter 3 become extremely powerful ... But history of benalia isn't part of them.
  • Mark_Tedin
    Options
    History of Benalia

If the card does not follow your text then it should be considered a bug
  • DBJones
    DBJones Posts: 803 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Well, it's not entirely clear that it should enter the board on chapter 1. That ambiguity was probably done purposely because reinforcing sagas reads the chapter the saga that's already out is on again, rather than the first. Some clarification on what should happen with Nyx would be appreciated.

Also, should you fetch a saga from the graveyard into your hand, it will cast on the chapter it was destroyed on just like fetching it with Nyx. At least with Karn's ultimate, but probably other methods would work the same. I think I tested Muldrotha also…
  • arNero
    arNero Posts: 358 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Yeah, I can confirm Sagas all return from graveyard as level 3, such as Time of Ice (as if Starfield wasn't broken enough -_-)
  • gogol666
    gogol666 Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    All sagas behave like this: they reach their third chapter and stay there until you "draw" a new copy of them. So if you get back a saga from the graveyard you get it at the third chapter.
    An easy solution for this is to reset saga on destroy
  • Tilwin90
    Tilwin90 Posts: 662 Critical Contributor
    Options
    gogol666 said:
    All sagas behave like this: they reach their third chapter and stay there until you "draw" a new copy of them. So if you get back a saga from the graveyard you get it at the third chapter.
    An easy solution for this is to reset saga on destroy
    Or, you know, whenever a saga enters the battlefield, reset it to the first chapter.
    Sure, in order to keep "functionality intact" with how reinforcing works now, the system could check if it's a reinforcement or not, but I am not even sure that was intentional behavior or just "how it came out".
    All hail the lack of comprehensive rules.
  • wereotter
    wereotter Posts: 2,064 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    arNero said:
    Yeah, I can confirm Sagas all return from graveyard as level 3, such as Time of Ice (as if Starfield wasn't broken enough -_-)
    I saw in the current PvE event this is also true when they’re recast from hand after Hanna returns them from the graveyard to hand. I assume it’s the same for Auramancer, but I haven’t tested it.