What Quality of Life change do you like the most?

alaeth
alaeth Posts: 446 Mover and Shaker
With the announcement of Public Buys feature for alliances (helping manage Buy Clubs, and CS ability to track down who bought what), I started thinking of other QoL changes recently.

Not new characters, or nerfs to old ones, but those "little things" that make the game more enjoyable for you...

For me it's a tie between:

* Disabling animations - speeds up play, and once you've seem Beast playing chemistry once, you've seen it a thousand times - I do re-enable them for the SHIELD training event - to check out the new characters moves.

* AP bar visibility - I leave this one all the time!  Love it, makes planning my next moves easier/faster/more efficient.

What are your favorite little tweaks?

Comments

• BearVenger
    BearVenger Posts: 453 Mover and Shaker
    edited July 2018
    I like being able to filter my available covers by * level and the autosell function. Previously, I'd have to keep tabs of expiring covers on a memo pad. Now, not as much.

Let me slightly disagree on one point on Disabling Animations (a feature I like): We clamor for more efficient methods of play, with the justification that we can "catch up" on the Story leaderboards. However, any fixes will be used by the leaders with as much or more efficiency as everyone else. Rather than be a help to catch up, it just speeds up the treadmill for everyone.

I like the idea of a Replay button in Story events to save screens, but I understand that it will also become the standard, and not a catch-up tool.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,700 Chairperson of the Boards
    The ability to quickly level characters was a good one. 

That, or disabled animations. But I have mixed feelings about the animations, because I like seeing those. They just add way too much time to an already grindy game. So, I miss them, but I don't miss them. Ya know?
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2018
    Supports.

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2018
    I hate the disable animations change. Really hurts my enjoyment of the game but I’m also not willing to sacrifice rewards to turn them back on. 

Best for me is probably wins based. The AP bar is very nice also. 

EDIT:  Actually I realize the best is by far the save covers feature.  Even if 5* got nerfed down to a 3 bank....  :'(
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    Autosell for expiring covers was a nice one.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Actually I think one of my favourite changes was when they added color indicators to in-match power descriptions for "strongest color" type powers. Also the multiple power cards for powers that change (Full Quiver, etc...)

Dynamic power descriptions in general.
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Disabling animations.

i can still turn them on when i want, they aren’t gone, but some character combinations or opponents were just unplayably annoying
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Since I started playing, my favourite QoL changes have been the AP bar, and being able to look through all the different versions of powers that change into other powers.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2018
    For me it’s between filtering of characters by star rank on the roster menu or the standardization of PVE events (subs have 3x easy, 3x hard and a 2/3/4/5 essential).  For the latter, even though it removes some diversity of events, it’s nice not needing to search the forum to see what nodes need to be cleared ASAP and what ones can be done at your own pace (I’m looking at you, Florida).  

I’m also a big fan of the double-secret 12-cover 4* HfH offer, but I couldn’t decide if that really was a “QoL” feature.  I think about 25% of my 4* champs have come through that in some way, shape or form.  Adding 4*’s to PVE progression was also HUGE for me, but again, I wasn’t sure that quite fell under “QoL”...
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 986 Critical Contributor
    The ability to save covers is a good thing to kerp my annoyance level down, so i'd classify it as a QoL change for the good.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    OJSP said:
    Changing PvE refresh times from 3 hours to 8 hours. The next change to 24 hours wasn’t bad, but that first change was what made it possible for me to become competitive.
    Yeah, ditching the 2.5 hour refresh was fantastic. I look back on that and wonder how I coped having to do a clear every couple of hours. How did I get anything accomplished IRL?

Even better when they ditched running two sub events simultaniously, especially when one was "normal" and one was "hard" so you'd have to sink at least 2 hours into clearing each one with the scaling the way it was.
  • badsaj
    badsaj Posts: 73 Match Maker
    For me, without a doubt, it was the introduction of scl's and getting rid of roster-based scaling. I like having the option of playing easier levels for less rewards or harder levels for more rewards.