Wave Node Transparency

Options
axmoss
axmoss Posts: 230 Tile Toppler
Can we get a button at the pre-battle screen to view the levels and characters each wave brings? 

Comments

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yes, please. Especially for one-time nodes. It can be really frustrating to try to guess at what team I should be bringing. When I was lower level, it made The Big Enchilada reasonably often require a second try, just because there would sometimes be an enemy who just wrecked the team I'd brought.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,369 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah, this has been suggested multiple times if i remember correctly. I don't understand they haven't implemented this already. This is, after all, a puzzle game, and you should be able to see what you're up against so you can assemble a team based on what you will be fighting
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DeNappa said:
    Yeah, this has been suggested multiple times if i remember correctly. I don't understand they haven't implemented this already. This is, after all, a puzzle game, and you should be able to see what you're up against so you can assemble a team based on what you will be fighting
    Don't you just bring Gambit every time?

;)
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Are you talking about waves in PvE or waves in DDQ? I remember seeing the level range for each wave? Or are you suggesting showing the exact level for each character per wave?

Edit: you want to know the exact character for each wave as well.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Options
    So, the thing is... this only really matters in one case: Where the wave node is, right out of the gate, (potentially) quite difficult for your roster. Given SCL-based scaling, that pretty much means the only time this will really come up is:

- DDQ, when you don't have many fully-leveled 3*s 
     - Growth Industry
     - Maybe that TA Hulk event.

That's not very often.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,369 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DeNappa said:
    Don't you just bring Gambit every time?

;)
    Nah, not everyone has a champed (or even fully covered) Gambit :mrgreen:
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So, the thing is... this only really matters in one case: Where the wave node is, right out of the gate, (potentially) quite difficult for your roster. Given SCL-based scaling, that pretty much means the only time this will really come up is:

- Growth Industry

That's not very often.
    Every side node in boss events.
    That's every two weeks.
  • axmoss
    axmoss Posts: 230 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Bowgentle said:

- Growth Industry

That's not very often.
    That's every two weeks.
    Other story missions have them too. Webbed Wonder, Strange Sights, Hearts of Darkness, and Honor Among Thieves. And that's without the Enemy of the State that's been phased out (hopefully it can return?).

But in a 3v3 match, we already get the Level and Characters matchup so why not the Wave nodes?
  • Jaedenkaal
    Options
    axmoss said:
    Bowgentle said:

- Growth Industry

That's not very often.
    That's every two weeks.
    Other story missions have them too. Webbed Wonder, Strange Sights, Hearts of Darkness, and Honor Among Thieves. And that's without the Enemy of the State that's been phased out (hopefully it can return?).

But in a 3v3 match, we already get the Level and Characters matchup so why not the Wave nodes?
    Yeah but assuming you picked a good SCL the first attempt isn't usually that hard. Maybe Hearts of Darkness? It's the same every time, at least.

Boss event side nodes, I guess, but again, the first many times you do them, they're pretty easy.
  • Sim Mayor
    Sim Mayor Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    Options

- Growth Industry

That's not very often.
    I don't know that I agree with this assessment. As a player on the 4* / 5* border, I've had more than one fight in recent memory where this is not true. It usually goes like this:

Based on the information available, I pick what's normally a solid wave team, start strong, go through 2-3 waves, and then run into a character who totally wrecks me. If I had known about that character, I could've picked a second-tier team with meta against them (or in the case of Medusa and such, a team that doesn't actively feed them what they need to stomp me into the dirt).

That being said, I don't know that I would really use this proposed feature if it were available. More often then not, I'm happy to watch my team get destroyed and go back to the drawing board. To me that's the fun "puzzle" aspect of this game.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    At a certain play level (IIRC, 3* or so), there are also plenty of otherwise-decent wave node teams that can get absolutely wrecked if there happens to be a Mindless One (particularly a Brute) in TBE. Yeah, there's no time constraint there, so you can back out and do it again, but it's no fun at all to get hit with that by surprise.