How much do the resources cost you in your country?

tph_james
tph_james Posts: 197 Tile Toppler

In Malaysia,

Stark Salary(20,000HP)/Mother Lode(78,000ISO) = MYR379.99 equals to iPhone 5s 16GB or 2TB Hard disk

Asgard Treasure(8500HP)/Rich Deposit(37,500ISO) = MYR189.99 equals to Razer mouse or almost a Steam Assassin's Creed Odyssey

Logan's Loonies(2900HP)/Hidden Stash(13,200ISO) = MYR75.99, Fallout 4 is cheaper.

Sorry, FTP forever.

Comments

• killercool
    killercool Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    edited July 2018
    Interesting comparison process.

In Australia a Stark Salary is $AUD159.99 on an IOS device.  That looks like it equates to roughly the value of a 4TB USB HDD.

• jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's AU$129.99 on Android, so I guess if you're going to spend a stupid amount of money on the game and own an iPhone, it's probably cheaper to first buy a bottom end Android phone just to make the purchases on.

It looks like your Malaysian prices are about in line with Australian prices, which both seem marginally cheaper than the $100 I believe they charge in the US.
  • killercool
    jamesh said:
    It's AU$129.99 on Android, so I guess if you're going to spend a stupid amount of money on the game and own an iPhone, it's probably cheaper to first buy a bottom end Android phone just to make the purchases on.

It looks like your Malaysian prices are about in line with Australian prices, which both seem marginally cheaper than the $100 I believe they charge in the US.
    Wow, I had no idea I was paying so much extra just because I play on my iPad.  Apple really do know how to turn a profit....
  • Screen Monkey
    Screen Monkey Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    £79.99 in UK for a stark on an android

• Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    If I may - the good way to compare is to use the good, old Big Mac index. 

I will give you an example:
    Stark Salary costs 100 CHF in Switzerland where I currently reside. This amount would allow me to buy 15 Big Macs at the nearest McDonalds (6,5 per piece). At the same time the deal costs around 400 ZŁ in Poland where I come from, and that would allow you to buy 41 Big Macs!!!!! 

This shows exactly how overpriced the F2P games are. 

So let's play some Economist and share you Big Mac index for the Stark Salary.

Switzerland - 15
    Poland - 41
  • tph_james
    edited July 2018
    Magic said:

Stark Salary costs 100 CHF in Switzerland where I currently reside. This amount would allow me to buy 15 Big Macs at the nearest McDonalds (6,5 per piece). At the same time the deal costs around 400 ZŁ in Poland where I come from, and that would allow you to buy 41 Big Macs!!!!! 

Switzerland - 15
    Poland - 41
    Malaysia - 40 Big Mac (Android) 
  • Screen Monkey
    Screen Monkey Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    United Kingdom = 25 Big Macs (Android)

• Hadronic
    Hadronic Posts: 338 Mover and Shaker
    Magic said:

Switzerland - 15
    Poland - 41
    I used to live in Switzerland,
    I don't miss the overpriced Big Macs
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    UK - 31 Big Macs (iOS)
  • killercool
    Australia - 28 Big Macs (iOS)
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Belgium - 
    Big Mac (burger only) 3,75
    Stark (iOS) - 109,99

Stark = 29,33 Big Macs

Then again a Stark costs converted 128+ US dollar. OR A WHOPPING 28% MARK UP.

Equality between regions is not their thing. They've replied this every single time we asked. Even though personalized offers and A/B testing offers exist and there would be no reason not to just change how much HP one would get for the same dollar value. The claim is that the AppStore sets the pricing for items, but we have proof that they can change what gets offered for that price on a customer per customer basis.
    I've long given up this fight though. They won't listen.

(Also note the 6 Big Mac difference between the two UK answers above, just because they use a different ecosystem).
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2018
    UK - 29[.36] Big Macs (steam)

You can actually buy 36[.8] Big Macs on iOS for the UK cost of a Stark, not 31. 
  • tph_james
    30 - 40 big macs for 78,000 iso, which can be gained within a week, dev cannot ask why people don't spend. 
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    Twysta said:

What are you using for the price of a Big Mac? It looks like the price varies across the UK. When I looked for an average I couldn’t find anything calculated less than six months ago but the one I found was £3.17 (or 31.5 BMs for £99.99). 36.8 BMs would imply a price of £2.71 each. 
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,299 Chairperson of the Boards
    Here in the US (rural Midwest) a Big Mac normally runs around $4 (metro areas and the coasts would be higher).  So 25 Big Macs for a Stark salary give or take.  $100 for Stark salary on Steam. 

To be fair though, local McDonald's many times run 2 big Macs for $4 or $5 deals.  The US dollar has strengthened significantly as well over the past months to year, it probably won't continue that in the long-run.
  • maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    All this talk of Big Macs is making me hungry.
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    AXP_isme said:
    Twysta said:

What are you using for the price of a Big Mac? It looks like the price varies across the UK. When I looked for an average I couldn’t find anything calculated less than six months ago but the one I found was £3.17 (or 31.5 BMs for £99.99). 36.8 BMs would imply a price of £2.71 each. 
    I'll confess I don't eat at MaccyDee's so didn't know the price of a BigMac so had to google that badboy, to where I was informed a bigmac cost's only 2.69?  I remember them being more expensive... 
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 986 Critical Contributor
    Depends on the platform here. Stark is €92,99 on Steam and €99,99 on Android. The cost of a  Big Mac is not fixed, but €3,75 would be an adequate average, i guess. I'll check the local Mac tomorrow. So, depending on platform 24,8 or 26,6
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    On the 2 for 5 special, my $100usd stark would net 50 Big Macs and a lifetime of self loathing.

Not sure which spend is worse lol.
  • Hadronic
    Hadronic Posts: 338 Mover and Shaker
    On the 2 for 5 special, my $100usd stark would net 50 Big Macs and a lifetime of self loathing.

Not sure which spend is worse lol.
    100/2.50 = 40