A new way to nerf

Reading the recent discussions about Gambit made me think that there needs to be a better way of incorporating players’ concerns about too much nerfbat. If players have paid good money for a character, they should be able to be heard better, and they should have a better say in how a character is nerfed. Why not try a poll of various nerfing possibilities, and players can vote on the nerf ideas you have? Then we will have less of a feeling that you hear “nerf,” and then don’t listen to everyone after that. The poll should include whether the player has the character, and whether the player uses that character, for pve or pvp, and how much. 

Comments

• abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    As I posted in a different thread, nerfings don't really happen until they've squeezed every penny out of the character.  Once the char isn't generating revenue and the FtP players are getting it championed (or close to it), then they can safely nerf it and let the whales move on to the next game breaking character.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Should they run the poll in-game or in the forum?
  • greenglove
    greenglove Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
    Well I think the poll should be in the forum, with a notice given in game that a poll is up. The forum has a built in polling tool, whereas the game does not.