Ghost

pheregas
pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
Are we allowed to talk about this new character without any formal announcements from anyone if the character is specifically mentioned in the text of the iOS update?

Comments

• jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's also in the game start animations, so I think we're in the clear...
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    jackstar0 said:
    It's also in the game start animations, so I think we're in the clear...
    Yeah, noticed that after the original post.  Not like them to put new characters in the tech notes. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2018
    I saw the new bundle for Wasp & Antman as well so I think announcement should be up soon. I think we might see a trio in 4* land and new villain.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ghost is also in the icon in this forum.
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    So was Loki around the time Infinity war came out, but no new Loki.

I'm not saying we're not getting Ghost, but if not, it wouln't be MPQs first red herring.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,320 Site Admin
    pheregas said:
    Are we allowed to talk about this new character without any formal announcements from anyone if the character is specifically mentioned in the text of the iOS update?
    Yeah, you're clear to presuppose, with the normal caveats for anyone who has been... sneaking stuff.
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    It's really odd how much more the game is doing for Ant-Man and Wasp than other movies. Especially compared to Infinity War or Ragnarok.

Ghost? I like the comic version of the character enough, but it's weird that we'll have movie Ghost when we don't have Hela, Red Skull, Mandarin, Nebula, Iron Monger, or Abomination who were all in Marvel movies and more prominent in comics as well. Well, it wasn't technically THE Mandarin, but still.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    Kahmon said:
    So was Loki around the time Infinity war came out, but no new Loki.

I'm not saying we're not getting Ghost, but if not, it wouln't be MPQs first red herring.
    They used 3* Loki's art as he was relevant, they didn't make new art from scratch. They wouldn't divert art team resources to create something that needs to get submit to and approved by Marvel just for a forum icon to be used as a red herring.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,320 Site Admin
    STOPTHIS said:
    It's really odd how much more the game is doing for Ant-Man and Wasp than other movies. Especially compared to Infinity War or Ragnarok.

Ghost? I like the comic version of the character enough, but it's weird that we'll have movie Ghost when we don't have Hela, Red Skull, Mandarin, Nebula, Iron Monger, or Abomination who were all in Marvel movies and more prominent in comics as well. Well, it wasn't technically THE Mandarin, but still.
    ::cough:: Dell Rusk ::cough:: :P
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    STOPTHIS said:

It depends on your definition of "more." They're doing more event-wise, but they've said in another thread that this was a response to people being disappointed with IW.

But for characters, so far AM&W has two (Hope and Ghost), where Ragnarok had three (Thor, Hulk, and Valkyrie). That's why we didn't see Hela. It's not because Ghost is a more prominent Marvel character. It's because there's only so many character releases on the calendar (without upsetting the current balance by increasing their frequency).

Most of the rest of your examples come from movies that predate MPQ, so there was no tie-in release to use to feature them. (Nebula is the outlier, and I agree it's past time she joined the game, but I don't know when exactly they would have added her, either)

And then there's the general question of which characters to focus on. For example, I'd rather see the Destroyer or Ulik or a comic version of Malekith or the Enchantress or even another Loki before Hela. She was awesome in the movie, but I'm satisfied with her not joining MPQ after getting Thor/Hulk/Valkyrie for Ragnarok, you know?
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    I enjoyed Ghost's anti-corporate hacker portrayal in the Thunderbolts comics.  Hopefully that comes across in the film, and in the move set in this game.

I suppose it would be a bit too complicated to have an attack that deals damage proportional to the enemy's net worth?  So high damage to billionaire Tony Stark, and little damage to poor superheroes?
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wouldn't that be similar to Mordo's ability and in that case high networth is the total number of all coloured ap? 

I guess her ability might incorporate invisibility as well?
  • Bzhai
    Bzhai Posts: 489 Mover and Shaker
    I'm looking forward to the new characters that will be introduced in the next few months since we won't be having any more movie tie-ins for awhile. 

Don't get me wrong, the latest events for AM&TW was really good but I think we all would like to see the roster grow with less variants and more villians/classic/fan favourites. 
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    jamesh said:
    I enjoyed Ghost's anti-corporate hacker portrayal in the Thunderbolts comics.  Hopefully that comes across in the film, and in the move set in this game.

I suppose it would be a bit too complicated to have an attack that deals damage proportional to the enemy's net worth?  So high damage to billionaire Tony Stark, and little damage to poor superheroes?
    That would make it awful against a lot of the bosses. Since at least Galactus and Apocalypse have kind of transcended the very concept of money.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    jamesh said:

That would make it awful against a lot of the bosses. Since at least Galactus and Apocalypse have kind of transcended the very concept of money.
    Well, what do you expect a non-corporeal computer hacker to do against Galactus? :)

Another idea that would be in character but completely ruin the game would be "steal X% of the enemy team's hero points".  The versus tournament would be a blood bath (or all the high level players would choose not to participate).
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    Bzhai said:
    I'm looking forward to the new characters that will be introduced in the next few months since we won't be having any more movie tie-ins for awhile. 

Don't get me wrong, the latest events for AM&TW was really good but I think we all would like to see the roster grow with less variants and more villians/classic/fan favourites. 
    There will probably be movie tie ins for the dvd releases.